too small????

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

loadsof time for him to grow yet mate,3 maybee 4" more dont be to botherd about size, well thats what my missus says to me.

let hin out in the field and theyl run around and excersise as much as theyre able for

Posted Images

Good post Mr Jones and an interesting thread. My Whippet's just over 4 months and is 18" TTS, he's grown an inch since last month but I hadn't bothered measuring him before that.

Does anyone know how if exercise affects a dog's growth much? I keep getting told different things like he shouldn't run too far as it'll stunt his growth and other people say the opposite, that he needs a good run to keep his bones strong and healthy.

would like to see a pic of your pup thumbs.gif what height were the parents???....not sure about exercise hopefully somebody on here will know...

Here's some recent ones from a few days back mate. His dad was 22" TTS, not certain on the mum but I think she was around 18" TTS. A few mates that have seen him reckon that he'll be a tall lad but I have no idea how he'll turn out.

PICT1350.jpg

frankprofile.jpg

well lads i have a 4 1/2 month old pup about 16/17" tts..do you think he will grow much more???...how small is to small for rabbits???..if he only made 19/20" do you think this would be ok for rabbits???..i wont be out after very large bags either way...

i would like to hear what you think about his size ok or not???

atb craig thumbs.gif

were they on done deal craig

well lads i have a 4 1/2 month old pup about 16/17" tts..do you think he will grow much more???...how small is to small for rabbits???..if he only made 19/20" do you think this would be ok for rabbits???..i wont be out after very large bags either way...

i would like to hear what you think about his size ok or not???

atb craig thumbs.gif

were they on done deal craig

yes mate..you get one??

heres 1 at about 3 months

max1.jpg

no didnt get one cos i have 2 lurchers but theyre smashing dogs,would of loved one.grand for rabbits they will be tall enough,theyl jus be a touch under the height of a whippet id say and loads of people use beddy whippets for rabbit which are small.think they are 3/4 whippet are they?

Good post Mr Jones and an interesting thread. My Whippet's just over 4 months and is 18" TTS, he's grown an inch since last month but I hadn't bothered measuring him before that.

Does anyone know how if exercise affects a dog's growth much? I keep getting told different things like he shouldn't run too far as it'll stunt his growth and other people say the opposite, that he needs a good run to keep his bones strong and healthy.

would like to see a pic of your pup thumbs.gif what height were the parents???....not sure about exercise hopefully somebody on here will know...

Too much running will make the muscles too big which stops the bones from developing properly stunting the dog's growth :thumbs:

Too much running will make the muscles too big which stops the bones from developing properly stunting the dog's growth :thumbs:

maybe if it was short of grub,otherwise no

you need grub for muscles to grow.

when i was growing up i ran for wales 6/7 times and did the first ever cardiff marathan at 11 years of age and my bones developed ok whats the difference with a dog?

Apparently too much running can damage their growth plates and cos cruciate trouble but tbh a vet told me unless your working them too young it should not be an issue.So you can make your own mind up from that.My dog when he was younger used to get a decent time at the park for a run and a walk and his legs are fine so far.My bitch was worked so the guy that gave her to me said from 4/5 months shes okay so far as well shes 2 now and he is nearly 3