too small????

well lads i have a 4 1/2 month old pup about 16/17" tts..do you think he will grow much more???...how small is to small for rabbits???..if he only made 19/20" do you think this would be ok for rabbits???..i wont be out after very large bags either way...

i would like to hear what you think about his size ok or not???

atb craig thumbs.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

loadsof time for him to grow yet mate,3 maybee 4" more dont be to botherd about size, well thats what my missus says to me.

let hin out in the field and theyl run around and excersise as much as theyre able for

Posted Images

well lads i have a 4 1/2 month old pup about 16/17" tts..do you think he will grow much more???...how small is to small for rabbits???..if he only made 19/20" do you think this would be ok for rabbits???..i wont be out after very large bags either way...

atb craig thumbs.gif

whats the cross how big were the parents?

atb craig thumbs.gif

irish terrier/whippet.....not sure what height the parents were mate....just taking a guess id say mother was no more than 18/19" and the father no more than 21/22"

atb craig thumbs.gif

Whats the breeding there, craig

atb craig thumbs.gif

Whats the breeding there, craig

its in the above post

atb craig thumbs.gif

irish terrier/whippet.....not sure what height the parents were mate....just taking a guess id say mother was no more than 18/19" and the father no more than 21/22"

bout right then 19/21 should be alright on bunnies make shape on fox depending what parents were like

atb craig thumbs.gif

bout right then 19/21 should be alright on bunnies make shape on fox depending what parents were like

parents were never tried on fox..both parents were working well on bunnies thumbs.gif

Hi,

Mines was the following:

19 tts @ about 4 1/2 months

22 tts @ about 6 months

24 tts @ about 10 months

Still 24 tts @ 11 1/2 months

she is 3/4 Grey 1/4 Bull.

Atb Mr Jones

thanks mate...very helpful thumbs.gif

Good post Mr Jones and an interesting thread. My Whippet's just over 4 months and is 18" TTS, he's grown an inch since last month but I hadn't bothered measuring him before that.

Does anyone know how if exercise affects a dog's growth much? I keep getting told different things like he shouldn't run too far as it'll stunt his growth and other people say the opposite, that he needs a good run to keep his bones strong and healthy.

Had a beddy x wippet that only grew to 19 ins she was alright bushing and running in the day time.I found her to slow on the lamp when the rabbit gave her the turn she couldn,t catch up quick enougth.She was great on fox run on the lamp with another dog she would run just ouside the beam and turn um for other dog .ATB taker

Good post Mr Jones and an interesting thread. My Whippet's just over 4 months and is 18" TTS, he's grown an inch since last month but I hadn't bothered measuring him before that.

Does anyone know how if exercise affects a dog's growth much? I keep getting told different things like he shouldn't run too far as it'll stunt his growth and other people say the opposite, that he needs a good run to keep his bones strong and healthy.

would like to see a pic of your pup thumbs.gif what height were the parents???....not sure about exercise hopefully somebody on here will know...