advice needed ???

hi there i have got a salukki x collie xgrey which is now 11 months old i took her lamping properly for the first time last night she was chasing the rabbit s with the pack but when one of the dogs bought the dead rabbit back she didnt seem to intreted in it she will just walk up to it and smell it and walk off whereas when she was about 7months old she would rag a rabbit around the floor and retreive it

it could be because its matured or she doesnt want nothin to do with it because she didnt catch it

what are your veiws cheers

post-38555-126933198998_thumb.jpg

Sounds like she has fell into the order of the pack were she will not challenge takeing stuff off the pack leader you have got to get her out on her own seen this happen a few times [bANNED TEXT] working a few dogs together bushing my spaniels wont attempt to take rabbits off the lurcher not all dogs do this and some young dogs will challenge the older dog for its kill.thumbs.gif

hi there i have got a salukki x collie xgrey which is now 11 months old i took her lamping properly for the first time last night she was chasing the rabbit s with the pack but when one of the dogs bought the dead rabbit back she didnt seem to intreted in it she will just walk up to it and smell it and walk off whereas when she was about 7months old she would rag a rabbit around the floor and retreive it

it could be because its matured or she doesnt want nothin to do with it because she didnt catch it

you need to work her on her own to see what she'll do when she catches one,,lamping her with a pack of dogs wont bring her on,,

Work the dog on it,s own give it chance to grow it will soon get the hang of things movement of quarry will trigger interest.Somtimes working with other dogs can hinder retrieving and can put her training back a bit.

Take the dog out on its own.Sounds like theres far to much going on.

Give her a chance to please you.Shes probebly quite a sensetive dog.

I like the look and sound of her.

Praise and encouragement should do the rest. :thumbs:

She is motivated by sight and something that doesnt move and is no challenge will not be of any interest to her now. It may of been when she was younger but now she has experienced the actual chase why should she be bothered about something that is dead and no challenge to her. I would advise that you take her out on her own so she can have the chase and the kill, if you keep taking her out in a pack if she doesnt manage to get a kill she may decide not to bother chasing aswell. Hope this makes sense to you :thumbs:

shouldnt be running packs on the lamp mate,one dog one slip,unless on somthing big then no more than 2,saw a good dog killed outright by a piece of shit once that was ok afterwards never ran 2 since,alb

Sounds like she has fell into the order of the pack were she will not challenge takeing stuff off the pack leader you have got to get her out on her own seen this happen a few times [bANNED TEXT] working a few dogs together bushing my spaniels wont attempt to take rabbits off the lurcher not all dogs do this and some young dogs will challenge the older dog for its kill.thumbs.gif

spot on mate.11 mth old dog, first time, running loose with other dogs, imo, a no no, get them on the lead, find a kick up, on its own, with no older/dominant ones about. :thumbs: