deerhound or bull x ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, there will be people vehemently disagree with me; but I don't think you can class a Bull X as an "All Rounder"; but you could, posibly, get an "All Rounder" Deer x type! I don't think anyone loo

Posted Images

I saw pedigree deerhounds at Crufts. They were massive - some were waist high on the handlers. I would think it might be hard to keep a dog with that size of frame sound? Are the real working types a bit smaller?

A friend nearby has 2 working deerhounds (Dogs). Travels all over with them.

Great dogs to see work. He has designed a 2 seater cart where in the summer both hounds pull him along at great speed too!

I saw pedigree deerhounds at Crufts. They were massive - some were waist high on the handlers. I would think it might be hard to keep a dog with that size of frame sound? Are the real working types a bit smaller?

Yeh, they are smaller than the ridiculous show crap

my dogs mother was deer x grey and best bitch i ever seen in my life pre ban for hares and foxes and few more stuff

i have been reading about the deerhound x and have one my self. what would a first x deerhound greyhoud be like to be put over a pure bull terrier. has any one ever done this if so what are they like. atb fly77

:thumbs:

my dogs mother was deer x grey and best bitch i ever seen in my life pre ban for hares and foxes and few more stuff

i have been reading about the deerhound x and have one my self. what would a first x deerhound greyhoud be like to be put over a pure bull terrier. has any one ever done this if so what are they like. atb fly77

dai dogs got a first x bulldeerhoud nice big dog to :thumbs:

:thumbs:

dai dogs got a first x bulldeerhoud nice big dog to :thumbs:

seen a picture of that cross, looks like a f****n demon!!

Guest dances

i bet this thread causes some arguments lol,me personely i have nothing against either cross there both useful but my preference would be with a bull cross as some deerhound crosses seem to throw to large for my liking but thats just my personel preference, ive seen great examples of both crosses work very well.

The question is not which is the BEST X, it's which would make the best allrounder. Bull X's excel at what they do, but I doubt anyone would buy one specificaly for rabbits and hares. Whereas a Deer x could do these and, pre ban, run fox and deer. So for some one who wanted to do a bit of everything, then a Deer X would PROBABLY be better than a Bull X !

Cheers.

i completely disagree with this statement as i believe bullxs are better allrounders, i dont think theres many deerhound crosses thatll do all 5, yet theres plenty of bullxs that do on regular bases. Thats the difference with a bullx, can go digging,mooching,ferreting or lamping and know whatever the light falls on can be ran. How many of you can honestly say that about deerhoundxs?

Guest 2GOOD

i bet this thread causes some arguments lol,me personely i have nothing against either cross there both useful but my preference would be with a bull cross as some deerhound crosses seem to throw to large for my liking but thats just my personel preference, ive seen great examples of both crosses work very well.

The question is not which is the BEST X, it's which would make the best allrounder. Bull X's excel at what they do, but I doubt anyone would buy one specificaly for rabbits and hares. Whereas a Deer x could do these and, pre ban, run fox and deer. So for some one who wanted to do a bit of everything, then a Deer X would PROBABLY be better than a Bull X !

Cheers.

i completely disagree with this statement as i believe bullxs are better allrounders, i dont think theres many deerhound crosses thatll do all 5, yet theres plenty of bullxs that do on regular bases. Thats the difference with a bullx, can go digging,mooching,ferreting or lamping and know whatever the light falls on can be ran. How many of you can honestly say that about deerhoundxs?

its down to the dog and the owner ,i can say it about a whipxbeddy :yes: how many others can say that