Ruptured cruciate knee ligament

My lurcher Chase did the same thing a month ago.

He had an operation which cost just under £2000.

Thank the lord for insurance!!

He had his stitches out yesterday and is using his leg alright now with just the odd hop.

I've been advised to do hydrotherapy with him and luckily there is a pool next to a local vets.

The vet said his leg will be 90% for the next year and next year his ligament will be fully healed and strong.

So until then just walking swimming running along side the bike and light work.

Well we went to see richard torr today and what a top man! Really did do a good examinatin and was really good at explaining what was wrong. There will be no operation as i just haven't got the sort of money required but as she is so young it should heal up ok. Here is richards write up as it's to much to explain what's wrong in my own words!

Examination: injured right hind (stifle) 6 weeks ago was assessed at swindon stadium shaun keo.

on exam has swelling medial stifle, pateela feels thickened and has cranial draw sign, suspect rupture (partial) of medial collateral ligament, cruciate ligament and ? fracture of patella healed was reccommended 2 weeks rest.

Treatment: would need deep sedation and x ray to properly assess cost £130 plus vat for 2 veiws and comparisons.

Conservative therapy may be successful, rec further 8 weeks of close confinement, starting with 4 weeks cage rest minimal then 4 weeks close confinement. Reccommended physion to mobilise joint and zeron grav exercize (swimming) continue glucosamine.

Injected with .4ml cartrofen in scruff of neck, reinject weekly for further 3 injections then monthly.

So we shall see what happens!