Bloody Whippet Bitch!

Hey All,

Tuesday night i finished work about 6 so I took my whippet, my whippet pup and my mum’s whippet for a walk down the fossway. Anyway 20 minutes in and my pup is having some retrieving fun with a tennis ball when my mums dog shoots through a hedge, I walk round to see why and see 4 roe p*ssing along the length of this field followed by her, she is only about 18 inchs to the shoulder but fast as fook so just hoped she wouldn’t get anywhere near as she would of got hurt.

So i got mine on their leads and ran over to the cover that they went to and it was next to a little lane, looked all around calling and couldn’t see a thing, anyway these blokes were in another field(turned out they were pigeon shooting) just leaving and they said was that my lurcher on the roe? I said it was my whippet(or mums)and he said they all crossed the road and across the following fields, he said i should cross the fields and look, joy!

So that was about half 6, i carried on looking for her on my own till about 7:45 when my 3 brothers came to help. I had my lamp, borrowed amates and had my LED Lenser as well. Anyhow i looked in all of the fields, ditches, cover time and time again, walked the roads, and drove the roads knocked on doors and nothing. So at about 3:20 I gave up for the night and decided i would go out at 6 and look again.

Must admit i didnt sleep well, was out at 6 and it was almost worse looking in the day, the ditches by the road are so deep so every corner i looked in expecting to see her there.

Anyway got to half 8 and decided to walk back to the car, spoke to a lady I had seen last night and i said no joy, she said she would keep an eye out. 10 minutes layer a freelander drives up beeping her horn and low and behold she had the dog, she had found her walking along the roadside 3 miles away and that woman had spoken to her saying i was further down, bloody relief!!!

God knows where she had been but she was in perfect nick, not even dirty so I think a barn or open garage, bitch!

One thing that amazed me was the amount of hares around, bloody hell didn’t realise there were that many around, some absolute monsters as well, and the badgers round there were so beligeant, they just carry on regardless, one was on the same path and passed about 8 foot away didn’t give a damn.

Worst part was i had to then work 12 hours on the Wednesday, grim! And my pup decided to puke all over my gearstick in my car, great!

Glad you found here safe and well mate! clapper.gif

I know what you mean about the badgers, there's been many a time out with the air rifle & lamp I've been unnerved by one appearing out of nowhere & trundling past me grunting, just going about it's usual business! laugh.gifthumbs.gif

Edited by maltenby

could of been worse she could have had her head booted in by the roe, or she could have taken it down in the road in full veiw of passers bye and then you would have been in the

s :censored: t. at least you got her back un hurt. :thumbs:

Edited by hullhunter

Hey All,

Tuesday night i finished work about 6 so I took my whippet, my whippet pup and my mum’s whippet for a walk down the fossway. Anyway 20 minutes in and my pup is having some retrieving fun with a tennis ball when my mums dog shoots through a hedge, I walk round to see why and see 4 roe p*ssing along the length of this field followed by her, she is only about 18 inchs to the shoulder but fast as fook so just hoped she wouldn’t get anywhere near as she would of got hurt.

So i got mine on their leads and ran over to the cover that they went to and it was next to a little lane, looked all around calling and couldn’t see a thing, anyway these blokes were in another field(turned out they were pigeon shooting) just leaving and they said was that my lurcher on the roe? I said it was my whippet(or mums)and he said they all crossed the road and across the following fields, he said i should cross the fields and look, joy!

So that was about half 6, i carried on looking for her on my own till about 7:45 when my 3 brothers came to help. I had my lamp, borrowed amates and had my LED Lenser as well. Anyhow i looked in all of the fields, ditches, cover time and time again, walked the roads, and drove the roads knocked on doors and nothing. So at about 3:20 I gave up for the night and decided i would go out at 6 and look again.

Must admit i didnt sleep well, was out at 6 and it was almost worse looking in the day, the ditches by the road are so deep so every corner i looked in expecting to see her there.

Anyway got to half 8 and decided to walk back to the car, spoke to a lady I had seen last night and i said no joy, she said she would keep an eye out. 10 minutes layer a freelander drives up beeping her horn and low and behold she had the dog, she had found her walking along the roadside 3 miles away and that woman had spoken to her saying i was further down, bloody relief!!!

God knows where she had been but she was in perfect nick, not even dirty so I think a barn or open garage, bitch!

One thing that amazed me was the amount of hares around, bloody hell didn’t realise there were that many around, some absolute monsters as well, and the badgers round there were so beligeant, they just carry on regardless, one was on the same path and passed about 8 foot away didn’t give a damn.

Worst part was i had to then work 12 hours on the Wednesday, grim! And my pup decided to puke all over my gearstick in my car, great!

bloody hell edd i now what you like with the dogs mate from when i piced penny up bet you were sick with worry glad it turned out ok in the end but i recon there was a roe in the back of the freelander bet you never checked did you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

atb

david