a strange sight

I went down the farm i work weekends on last night and after a conversation with a couple of the horsie people they said they had come across alot of wire running through the fields, one lot was at head hight through a footpath gate and this is rather thin cable, like cheese wire but copper (can be broken with a bit of force) but it was following the gas main that runs under our fields.

Now beside measureing what would they be doing that for??? bearing in mind it was tight in some places and loose in others.

Also health and saftey here but shouldnt it have been marked as being there (you can only see it when ur right close to it), it would be quite easy to get tangled up in it and cut urself.

I rolled most of it up and there was a good 500 meters of the stuff just lying in the fields, tyed round posts but following the gas main signs.

Well i can only guess they were, they were following the orange little concrete signs from the road to the other side of our land. a couple of men were spotted doing it so ive been told but i honestly cant see much of a reason for doing it, it was too thin to take much current or last very long either. Its about the same strength cable that we use in the aircraft industry for things like emergency controls, so it can be esaly broken when needed but not so that you can accidently use it.

not worth weighting in tbh didnt weight muc more than a kilo i wouldnt have thought.

lol well actualy a horse spotted the bit that was head hight and refused to go through it although the rider didnt till she had finished getting pissed off with the horse and caught a shine off it in the sun.