Hi All

Had acall to trap a Fox so i put my new trap to work and wish i didn't its a folding trap and it is sht.

I Put it down friday, checked it sat and the door was down BUT NO FOX then i see the the fox had broke out the door.

The running bars the had the drop bar that hold the door shut had been bent out and the door was free to open. done a bit of a fix and set the trap.

went back sunday and the samething had happend so once again i fix it set it and got on with my day.

so come this morning i went to check and the door was up. re-baited around and went to dill with some rat inside adout an hour later i got a call THE FOX WAS IN THE TRAP.

so i flu round sorted out the truck picket up the trap put it door faceing the house then round to the front of the house and put the trap down to open the back up as i pick the trap up the door fell off and the fox fcuk off in to a field.

So i have put a heavy duty cage trap down fcuk the folding trap they are sh1t.

Well take care all

Safe pestin

Edited by hawkhigh

Apart from the trap being shit, you are certainly attracting it/them in.

What bait you using?

Best of luck for future. :thumbs:

dog food with a bit of a smell it works lovely.

Why the hell did you keep using the thing if it kept letting the fox out?!

Because i didn't have the other trap at hand it was on a job 25miles away so i had to do with the folding and i didn't think it would do that. lol

Well take care you 2

Edited by hawkhigh

why not dispatch the fox there and then, rather than picking the cage up, and having the door fall off :hmm:

Hi Mate

You always have something to say

why not dispatch the fox there and then... as you can see it has been nice outside and people are now starting to do work in the garden so the last thing i want is a 22 rolled straying.

but i'll say one thing to you safety first i work with it and i work along side it (safety first for me and the customer and the the people around me, the garden and the weapon)

Sorry if that is wrong in your eye but by the sound of it you just like to shoot the fox not thinging of who is watching or where the rollen gose.

Well take care

why not dispatch the fox there and then, rather than picking the cage up, and having the door fall off :hmm:

Hi Mate

why not dispatch the fox there and then... as you can see it has been nice outside and people are now starting to do work in the garden so the last thing i want is a 22 rolled straying.

but i'll say one thing to you safety first i work with it and i work along side it (safety first for me and the customer and the the people around me, the garden and the weapon)

Sorry if that is wrong in your eye but by the sound of it you just like to shoot the fox not thinging of who is watching or where the rollen gose.

Well take care

not always something to say, just asking a simple question,which obviously you dont like, ok, the situation may not have been right for dispatch, but then, you already knew the problems with the cage, maybe a couple of plastic ties secured to the door would have been a good option, as for health and safety, I have a list of certification as long as your arm on that matter, so lets not start bringing that into the conversation,

lots can be said in hindsight, I'll try not to bother in future

Hi Mate

Well take care

not always something to say, just asking a simple question,which obviously you dont like, ok, the situation may not have been right for dispatch, but then, you already knew the problems with the cage, maybe a couple of plastic ties secured to the door would have been a good option, as for health and safety, I have a list of certification as long as your arm on that matter, so lets not start bringing that into the conversation,

lots can be said in hindsight, I'll try not to bother in future

8):big_boss:

look mate sorry for having ago ok, but i didn't know that the door would fall off as it was the holding bars that were the problem not the door.

and to the H&S, sorry but you think i'm just a jo-blog pest control but i'm not and with that.. (I have a list of certification as long as my arm ):clapper: .. that's fine. will leave it at that. :thumbs:

reading my first post, I cannot see anywhere that I have said or slated you as a pest controller, I simply asked a question, only for you to bite my head off, and again, it was you that brought up the "health & safety" issues, I have seen your website, and it looks very proffessional, barring one piece of grammer

hawkhigh, I think you're being a bit harsh on stubby there. He asked a question that could quite easily have been answered with an simple, polite explanation. I think the previous response from kill um with crisps was far more inflammatory but you didn't react to that.

I think all of us in this section need to get away from the idea that this is a competition. There are some incredibly experienced pest controllers on this forum, and everybody has different ways of going about things. Lets not all take everything everybody says as a sneak attack. I often read things on here and think 'personally i'd have done that differently'. That's not to say the other person is wrong though.

Let's stop bickering amongst ourselves, and take this frustration out on the children who keep asking mole trapping questions!

And hawkhigh, hard luck with the fox, I'm sure you'll get him eventually.