Picked up the new .223

Finally picked up my Remi 700 SPS Varmint in .223 today and what a great day to run her in.

post-4425-12685172455_thumb.jpg

I started off at 50 meters patching 5 singles, then worked pairs for the balance of my 'Cheap' (£18.95)box of ammo. Despite being boresighted it was still off the page so it was just as well i started at 50 meters. I then moved onto the Federal 40gr V-SHOK which needed a bit of tinkering but we got there in the end. The top set is a 3 shot group at 100 meters, the group on the right at 175 but I put the drift down to the breeze.

post-4425-126851730072_thumb.jpg

No complaints from me... can't wait to see what Charlie thinks!

post-4425-126851790023_thumb.jpg

Edited by Local
pm sent

nice going mate. sorry i havent posted that book back to you yet... you still living in bristol ? if so it isnt far from me. if you fancy coming up august time when the foxes are out and ready to shoot let me no. your more then welocome mate

Cheers mate, Sights are Meopta 3-12x56. I've had 6" cut off the barrel but its still pretty weighty.

ATB, they tend to shoot pretty well but weight is an issue for a tart like me, I have the 700 SPS Stainless in .308, took about 3" off the barrel and fitted the P8 Compact, weight and balance are a treat!!

Bottom one here..

post-10759-126856211398_thumb.jpg

I had a go off sticks and the weight actually seemed to steady the whole set up but It's really sweet off a bipod - freehand could be interesting though :whistling: I've got a replacement bush so i can interchange the moderator between my two centerfires. The balance here seems prety good - more so than my sauer 6.5. I imagine that the weight will remind me its there when i'm plogging around the fields but I guess its a compromise :thumbs:

I had a go off sticks and the weight actually seemed to steady the whole set up but It's really sweet off a bipod - freehand could be interesting though :whistling: I've got a replacement bush so i can interchange the moderator between my two centerfires. The balance here seems prety good - more so than my sauer 6.5. I imagine that the weight will remind me its there when i'm plogging around the fields but I guess its a compromise :thumbs:

I seem to recall Mr L had someting along these lines, it was all I could do to pick it up, but like I say, I'm a tart. Did seem to shoot well and had the Black Hogue stock like your green one, I think his was a .223 as well!

Anyway...

ATB!! :thumbs: