long net

hi all

iv just set up my long net

could u tell me if i need to tape

the meshes between the poles on top and bottom cord

thanks.

no mate dont need to tape mesh just top and bottom cord, i fix my cords with iner tube cut about 3/4" wide.

When using the longnet in the traditional way that is poles and end pins

some people do tie the net at intervals to either the top or bottom line

this does reduce the bagging collecting at one end.(down to personal preference)

However,it is not necessary with the quick set method as the poles

stop the bagging from slidig past them

Cheers

Sam

I wouldn't use tape .You can buy tiny electrical cable ties for tieing in bagging (net to running line) and bigger ones for fixing net and line to your pegs and they work really well been doing it for years . If your using traditional longnets it can help to tie in the bagging but as sam007 said it's down to personal preference ;)

ATB

The beauty of cable ties is that you can tighten them as much as you want ie fix the net to your pegs at the top so they don't move and at the bottom not quite so tight to give you a bit of movement for rough ground and they are as cheap as chips :D:D

ATB

I use the castration band on the top and bottom of pole but on the bottom i put 30mm of fish tank type tube on first then hick the bottom line on it and then band it on tight. i put two turns of tape on the bottom on the pole to stop the tube falling off.

when setting the net its just a case of push into the ground and the bottom will slide up and sit in the right place, then when picking it up i just slide the tube back to the tape. some of the ground i work is sandy so the Poles go deep but other land is clay and only goes in a few inches. hence the reason to have the bottom line able to slide.

On the top line i just set the net up and spaces the bag out nicely then took a big needle and strong button thread and stitch's the net to the top line every 3 foot or so. i hate having to try and untangle the thing in the dark so i try to make every thing none snaggy.

Phil.

Christ knows im lost taping the mesh's to the poles ?? the rubber rings hold them there you can tie in the bagging to the top and bottom lines with some wool though