any help or ideas is much appreciated

i have 2 male polecats they are brothers(very big boys) thing is one it biteing the other one,and has riped its ear,i was thinking he was trying to mate with the other? they are young ones and are about 8 mths old,ive never had this problem with any of my other ones doing this,any ideas or help or anything is appreciated ppl,thx in advance

Edited by the_hunter1983

or just keep a close eye on them, I have two brothers, both get left together throughtout the summer, along with another un related hob, they all have their pecking order and get on fine , they are now 3yrs old

I used to have a vasectomized hob & castrated hob in the same hutch with six jills, the vasectomized hob used to try to mate with the castrated hob. Tried to separate them but the castrated hob used to pine for the other ferrets.

In the end, I made a concoction of chillies, tabasco sauce, clove oil and black peppers. When the hob came in to season, I used to rub a little of this oil on the neck fur of the castrated hob. It took a few goes but the vasectomized hob stopped bothering the old boy. I would not recommend this to anyone, just recalling what I did, god only know what would happen if it got in to a ferrets eyes, on reflection a dull thing to do but it did work.

John

i have 2 polecat hobs,both brothers 10 mths old,they both have a go at roughing each other up,grabbing one another by the scruff and trying to hump.I would only separate if they were really fighting and drawing blood,until then i would leave them where they are, just keep an eye on them.Hope this helpsthumbs.gif