End of Season?

The first time your sat waiting, dig down and find the ferret is munching on a litter of kits in some areas we do, in others we stop as soon as we start hitting a few does in kit and in some we must carry on doing a bit right throughout as a pest control service where they do genuinely have a rabbit problem.

atb

jai.

p.s - cant put a date on it as its related to length or day and weather/temp so varies year to year.

The first time your sat waiting, dig down and find the ferret is munching on a litter of kits in some areas we do, in others we stop as soon as we start hitting a few does in kit and in some we must carry on doing a bit right throughout as a pest control service where they do genuinely have a rabbit problem.

atb

jai.

p.s - cant put a date on it as its related to length or day and weather/temp so varies year to year.

I agree, sometimes you have to carry on, most farmers see rabbits like some see rats, dirty verim that are cutting down their profits and desroying banks and dykes. Some of the farms I go on the warrens are out in the fields, a sprayer got stuck last year when the ground collapsed, a lot of expensive machinery at the mercy of those lovelly, furry, cute, sweet bunnies.

For ferreting both for sport and pest controll at the middle of march,, Ferreting is not a very good option for summertime pest controll around here, as most warrens are pretty much hard to ferret in the winter let alone in the overgrown blackthorn/hawthorn hedges full of nettles, Same for bramble patches. For summer rabbit controll ,, Rifle and Snares are the best option.

I always stop as soon one of these is bolted or dug to. I am not a professional and my, already rubbish reputation doesn't depend on it so I'm happy to spend the summer letting the dogs lay about with the sun on their backs.

06Mar10079.jpg

06Mar10081.jpg