lamping hares

I have'nt run a hare on the lamp for twenty five year's as they are too easyilly caught,the difference between day and night is massive and it is only out of respect for such a majestic animal gained over many year's of pursuit(pre-ban)that stops me or anyone I hunt with.Young lads starting off are the worst for running out of season hare's and lamping them is the only chance they have of catching.Good winter hare's deserve a fair chance,1 dog,1 hare daytime only(pre-ban)These kids that carry on hunting all year round do so as they can't catch them in the winter,running milky does and leverets will not gain them any respect from fellow lurcherman,lamping was introduced to give an advantage over the quarry hunted, not to give a fair chance,if your struggling on the lamp then you need a better dog,there are a lot of second rate dogs about that only seem to go lamping these day's and we hear a lot of poor excuses to carry on doing so,gain some repect for your quarry and you will gain some respect from fellow lurchermen,yis,wirralman

lamping was only introduced to hunt at night!!

pmsl never :doh:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stabba.daytime hare's are special in most decent dog lads eye's,I am not a member of the saluki brigade but can recognise that it takes a good dog to catch a full grown winter hare,you will wipe them

I dont Think Many of You who were NOT devouted pre ban hare coursers are ever going to understand, why we were so passionate about it, what we once had can never be gotten back, unless we get FULL

Just got back into hunting the past year and a half after being out off the game for a well.Back then l hunted hares during the day but never had any good really hares dogs about me and was really jus

Just got back into hunting the past year and a half after being out off the game for a well.Back then l hunted hares during the day but never had any good really hares dogs about me and was really just out till see the runs.

Since then the crowd l hunted with have gone in diff ways.1 hunts foxs the other still hunts hares and l myself have got into lamping and ferreting with a few other ppl.

The last time we where out lamping we caught 2 hares l hunting hares myself and know they are 10 times better during the day and a lot easier till catch on the lamp but l dont really go for hares during the day but will do more next year l myself dont think there is anything wrong with lamping hares but would just like till hear other peoples opinions???? thumbs.gifthumbs.gif

ive done it in the past but wouldnt do it now as its illegal no other reason.

Stabba..... Very well said :clapper:

Thing is, most of you boys have commented about how easy hares are on the lamp, well in some parts maybe but there are plenty of places where i've seen good, proven daytime dogs dusted by night time hares. Hares that see a lamp regular, hares that know there ground, hares that can make good, experienced dogs look poor! ;)

Lamping Hares will always be a sore point to the saluki brigade... Hares are Hares and as such should to be taken by any method available(dog wise) if they are becoming a nuisance...rabbits are lamped..fact.. foxes are lamped..fact... even deer used to get lamped..fact... what makes the Hare anymore special.. absoloutley frig all imo...ultimate athlete this.. majestic that...what makes the Hare so special that he shouldnt be lamped.just because you saluki gambling men say so.. fcuk that... atb stabba

stabba.daytime hare's are special in most decent dog lads eye's,I am not a member of the saluki brigade but can recognise that it takes a good dog to catch a full grown winter hare,you will wipe them out easilly in large area's of the country if your lamping them regular,it can't be compared to any of the other quarry you list as it has no hole to escape in,it relies on pure speed and agility and local land knowledge to get away,don't use the excuse they need controlling as a pest by you and your obvious hero worshipping fans that couldn't wait to back you up online,the downfall of all our countrysports will only be hastened by the likes of yourselves that has no obvious care or respect for the quarry you hunt,yis,wirralman

• Like 3

Lamping Hares will always be a sore point to the saluki brigade... Hares are Hares and as such should to be taken by any method available(dog wise) if they are becoming a nuisance...rabbits are lamped..fact.. foxes are lamped..fact... even deer used to get lamped..fact... what makes the Hare anymore special.. absoloutley frig all imo...ultimate athlete this.. majestic that...what makes the Hare so special that he shouldnt be lamped.just because you saluki gambling men say so.. fcuk that... atb stabba

stabba.daytime hare's are special in most decent dog lads eye's,I am not a member of the saluki brigade but can recognise that it takes a good dog to catch a full grown winter hare,you will wipe them out easilly in large area's of the country if your lamping them regular,it can't be compared to any of the other quarry you list as it has no hole to escape in,it relies on pure speed and agility and local land knowledge to get away,don't use the excuse they need controlling as a pest by you and your obvious hero worshipping fans that couldn't wait to back you up online,the downfall of all our countrysports will only be hastened by the likes of yourselves that has no obvious care or respect for the quarry you hunt,yis,wirralman

fairplay,wirralman.'what makes the hare so special that he shouldnt be lamped' this is an ignorant viewpoint,get out and get a daytime course and you will know

Every word is so true.

I ignored all hares if one appeared in the beam, some nights (and still are) the fields were full of them. It was always daytime for me and my dogs, and mainly night time for foxs unless one was pushed out during the day.

Daytime course round are way and you will be picked up by the fuzz, lose your car and your dogs!!! Too much heat to seek the daytime route.

does anyone travel to other countries to course? Would be good if anyone did travel that far to work their dogs legally?

spain and poland is a bit far for a run , one of my dogs is pet passported so it may happen one day !!

Again that is a sweeping statement jack. Much like any other game, having 3 on the lamp doesnt give you cant neccecerily say all daytime hares were easy!

If your dog has a passport does that give you the right to travel anywhere in the eu?

Yeah a bit harsh on the dog to fly him all over, but if there where top coursing area in spain etc, you could have a good road trip!

ive killed 3 hares on the lamp in total and would never go near one again at night its a total waste there easier than rabbits by night

they are easier.its a joke,its no test for a working lurcher,the hare dont know where to go its unsporting.iv been told on here that half bull greys are plenty fast for single handed foxing.would i be right in thinking that these are the type that are 'tested' on lamped hares ha

dont mind lamping a few hares feck all wrong with it the die hard day timers will say no but thats what there into but i dont mind lamping them yes they do run better in the day but so dose every thing else.

never lamped a hare and never will , there for daytime coursing september to march

young in them in feb matethumbs.gif good daytime runningicon_redface.gif

Again that is a sweeping statement jack. Much like any other game, having 3 on the lamp doesnt give you cant neccecerily say all daytime hares were easy!

If your dog has a passport does that give you the right to travel anywhere in the eu?

Yeah a bit harsh on the dog to fly him all over, but if there where top coursing area in spain etc, you could have a good road trip!

gives me the right to travell anywhere in the world that accepts the pet passport sceme :thumbs:

Would the guys on here saying its "so" easy to catch on the lamp be willing to make a bet....? Meet up with 1 of the lads thats saying thats it's a challenge on the lamp and stump up 100 notes everytime your dog misses? I mean you'll surely not lose any money on these "easy" lamped hares!! :yes: