ferreting

Depends if your doing it for pest control as landowners may want you to continue through summer, or if you wish to let them breed and make more sport for winter then it seems many people are hanging up the nets this month [me included} until september-october time, hope this helps :thumbs:

Most people will have stoped by now because of the does carrying a lot of young but some people (myself included) carry on right through the year for the purpose of pest control or some permissions will be lost due to farmers/landowners wanting them kept under control and if you dont do it someone else will.

it's mixed pest control and fun lol. But we have a rifle for them to so it isnt just ferrets we're limited to. But we've caught a rabbit with four babies in her and we felt while bad (N) At this time of year would use consider ever muzzelling a ferret as ours has no doubtkilled in the borrow but if it does again it would no boubt be impossible to dig :(

I would NEVER EVER use a muzzle. If the ferret gets lost - it dies as it cannot eat. Also if the ferret meets a rat etc, its proper f*cked. Would you like to go hunting / fighting with your hands tied behind your back? Ferrets are hunting animals, they kill if they can, its our job to manage that through either accepting it and diging to them or not ferreting during the summer.

atb

Jai.

• Like 1

I would NEVER EVER use a muzzle. If the ferret gets lost - it dies as it cannot eat. Also if the ferret meets a rat etc, its proper f*cked. Would you like to go hunting / fighting with your hands tied behind your back? Ferrets are hunting animals, they kill if they can, its our job to manage that through either accepting it and diging to them or not ferreting during the summer.

atb

Jai.

What he said :thumbs:

Most people will have stoped by now because of the does carrying a lot of young but some people (myself included) carry on right through the year for the purpose of pest control or some permissions will be lost due to farmers/landowners wanting them kept under control and if you dont do it someone else will.

Spot on :victory: