Just ask............

So, permission. We need it. For some its hard, and others its impossible!

Just a quick message...

Whilst driving back from work, i noticed that there were a couple of fields absolutely FULL of pigeons, feeding on rape. There must have been 4-5000 birds.

The next day, i happened to mention it in passing to somebody at work, and he said he knew whos fields they were, but also said he hasnt seem/spoken to him in a long time.

I got the farmers name, found his phone number and called.

"Hi, its xxxx from xxxx, just happened to notice that youve obviously got a pigeon problem at xxxxx field." He replied "Your not kidding! they're eating all my money!" I said "well id be happy to have a go at them if you like blah blah...." Surprisingly he said "Yea, no problem, when cam you start?" I was obviously shocked at his immediate acceptance, and asked who else was shooting on his land. "Nobody" he replied "Ive not had a single call from anybody asking. urry up and sort them out!"

Just goes to show, there is plenty of land out there with farmers begging to have them looked after.

The problem is now i got to find the time to shoot all the permissions I have! :doh:

You just gotta ask...........

So, permission. We need it. For some its hard, and others its impossible!

Just a quick message...

Whilst driving back from work, i noticed that there were a couple of fields absolutely FULL of pigeons, feeding on rape. There must have been 4-5000 birds.

The next day, i happened to mention it in passing to somebody at work, and he said he knew whos fields they were, but also said he hasnt seem/spoken to him in a long time.

I got the farmers name, found his phone number and called.

"Hi, its xxxx from xxxx, just happened to notice that youve obviously got a pigeon problem at xxxxx field." He replied "Your not kidding! they're eating all my money!" I said "well id be happy to have a go at them if you like blah blah...." Surprisingly he said "Yea, no problem, when cam you start?" I was obviously shocked at his immediate acceptance, and asked who else was shooting on his land. "Nobody" he replied "Ive not had a single call from anybody asking. urry up and sort them out!"

Just goes to show, there is plenty of land out there with farmers begging to have them looked after.

The problem is now i got to find the time to shoot all the permissions I have! :doh:

You just gotta ask...........

Well done mate, I went round 10 farms this weekend and came away with 1 possible. Ah well, there's always next time :blink: