disposal of foxes and other qurrey once culled

Usually I make sure they are no where the public will find them and leave them for nature to take its course and become part of the food chain for other animals/birds. I also know a guy who takes them to feed the vulchers at his bird of prey centre

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought chineese restraunts would buy as meny fox carcasses as you could get

Its good that there is no market for fox skins, there are enough rifle men about already shooting foxes for sport and calling it pest control without skins being worth anything. Mind you if winter ski

what a strange thread!, if you are any sort of country man, woman, surely the right thing comes to mind, if you aint goin to eat it, bury it , burn it, dispose of it in an orderly manner dont leave it about for scum sucking antiis to find and read on here, and if you aint goin to eat yourself or distribute amongst your mates or the poor and needey, dont even bother contemplating killing it in the first place. :doh::censored::censored:

Do you guys skin them ?

Hey man I have never heard about any skinning on this site. I skin everthing I shoot in Arizona - we can only hunt fox , bobcat,Coons, Ringtail during the furbearer's season Sept 1 through March 31. Some of the pelts in the lower deserts are not worth the trouble to skin them. I hunt only in the mountains because of this. When I was a greenhorn I would hunt the desert in the winter - now I might call the desert to take photos or video or to get a new hunter their first coyote.Coyotes can be shot year around.

These limey's probably never heard of tube skinning, fleshing beams or hide stretchers maybe you could do a how to post with pic's.

SGS :thumbs:

Edited by SHOTGUNSNIPER

There is no market for skins in the UK, more's the pity.......

Dead quarry that are inedible should be disposed of properly. Until the new regulations came into force preventing the burial of fallen stock, I used to have several farmers with 'dead pits'. The best one was a concrete ring with a manhole lid on the top.

what a strange thread!, if you are any sort of country man, woman, surely the right thing comes to mind, if you aint goin to eat it, bury it , burn it, dispose of it in an orderly manner dont leave it about for scum sucking antiis to find and read on here, and if you aint goin to eat yourself or distribute amongst your mates or the poor and needey, dont even bother contemplating killing it in the first place. :doh::censored::censored:

you eat foxes :blink: brave man

That hungry I do not get.

Ric

As long as the carcass is out of public sight im happy as is the keeper/farmer. Finding foxes with big fuking holes in them at the side of tyre tracks in a field or in a hedge by a public footpath IS NOT acceptable!

what a strange thread!, if you are any sort of country man, woman, surely the right thing comes to mind, if you aint goin to eat it, bury it , burn it, dispose of it in an orderly manner dont leave it about for scum sucking antiis to find and read on here, and if you aint goin to eat yourself or distribute amongst your mates or the poor and needey, dont even bother contemplating killing it in the first place. doh.gifcensored.gifcensored.gif

If you know any poor and needey that eat want to eat dead foxes then let me know biggrin.gif

There is no market for skins in the UK, more's the pity.......

Dead quarry that are inedible should be disposed of properly. Until the new regulations came into force preventing the burial of fallen stock, I used to have several farmers with 'dead pits'. The best one was a concrete ring with a manhole lid on the top.

Its good that there is no market for fox skins, there are enough rifle men about already shooting foxes for sport and calling it pest control without skins being worth anything. Mind you if winter skins had a value maybe I wouldnt find so many milky vixens dead miles away from the nearest pheasant or lamb.

• Like 1