closest successful fox shot

Hi Guys - I'm new here! thought that i might start a topic which is hopefully non-contentious :)

it does seem on any usergroup forum ive ever been on that max speed and distance/time of any vehicle,object or animal will result in forum slanging matches and grown men spitting their dummies. SO! i thought i'd turn the bragging thing upside down I want to know the closest you've ever shot a fox!?

I shot a fox at approx 20 yards last week - its the second cloest ive ever shot, the closest being about 10 yards, both were squeaked off the back of my hand and they were both shot using a night sight

what are your personal closest fox shots

cheers Paynts

About 10yards with the 223 in the middle of the day was sniffing around some gorse bushes i was stood behind, nice pop in the head. The shotgun was closer at about 4 paces away my friend was calling in the summer evening with his rifle on the hedge and i was stood beside a gate post and he was on the other end of the gate about to jump through until i let him have it and he rolled back about a meter,if i was,nt there he would of got away cuz my friend had his back to it while calling.

I'd have to go with Stubby, a few like that but to be honest, on the whole, I find most of mine very trap shy... one screwed me about for something like 3 months, *******!! Hey Ho, it isn't the movies you know, this is real life!!

Anyway...in the normal course of events I'm honestly not sure, but I can certainly remember a handful inside 20 yards!! :thumbs: