running under the full moon?????

well lads/lassiesbye.gif ...i was just wondering how many of you guys lamp when the moon is full or almost full...i know it do be terrible bright but if its not the weather that stoping us lamping its the moon..seems this season the only time the weather is suitable the moon is full..so i was just wanting your opinion on lamping when the moon is full...

do you think there is any point or would you be wasting your time???

what do yous do????

ATB CRAIG

well lads/lassiesbye.gif ...i was just wondering how many of you guys lamp when the moon is full or almost full...i know it do be terrible bright but if its not the weather that stoping us lamping its the moon..seems this season the only time the weather is suitable the moon is full..so i was just wanting your opinion on lamping when the moon is full...

what do yous do????

ATB CRAIG

i have a fair bit of permission right next to gatwick airport and right under the flightpath!!

its noisey every 10mins with a plane coming into land and theres massive amounts of light pollution all the time!!

so the rabbits there are used to noise and the excessive light especially as a plane is landing it lights up the fields like it was daylight!!

i'll lamp these even on the worst nights and can garuntee i'll get a few runs!!

i dont bother with my other permissions as i like to save them for the better nights!!!

the important thing to remember when lamping with the moon , is what the winds doing.

you will get a better bag on a full moon with a good wind , than a dark night thats still as a board :thumbs:

did a 30+ early this season on a full moon , but there was a good wind.

Tomo's dead right about the wind, that'll make the difference on 'light' nights.

If we waited around for the perfect night every time, we'd hardly get out at all. If you have half a brain you'll adapt your lamping to the type of night. ;)

it depends on a few things really, iv had a couple of decent nights the last 2 outings and the moons been full, if u can lamp a place early before the moon rises then why not its worth a look, but if u planning on a good few hours out probably best leaving it for another night.

Edited by tracker

we had a full moon last night mate.looked in 4 fields and turned round and went back,just too light and not a thing out.usually have 3 or 4 runs in this area and didnt see a thing.i wouldnt usualy bother but was at my mates house and had a dog with me so we just had a quick glance out the back.

what do yous do????

ATB CRAIG

Better out even on a full moon than not out at all, but you do pray at times for a bit cloud to come over..

i think it all depends on the weather as well if its still with the moon up i'll happily stay in. but if theres wind or rain or even both i'll be out. still get loads of runs with good weather just not as big a bag with the moon up. but its better for your dogs fitness and sharpens them up for def running with moon light as the rabbits are alot harder. so i see it as good experience for the dogs stop them getting lazy