ferret killing

i was out a few days ago ferreting with my two hob poleys,they bolted a few between them,but on one of the warrens the smaller hob came back top after about 15 mins with blood on his face,now it's pretty obviouse that he has got hold of a bunny,but i wasn't sure what to do next,do i put him back down again and dig for rabbit.(he was wearing a collar).i don't like the idea of leaving a rabbit down the hole like that.Does it mean he has killed or is it possible he only injured bunny......thumbs.gif thanks

Your choice mate when your working him if he doesn't show for a bit try to locate him and if hes stationary mark the spot , wait five minute try again and if hes still there get the spade out .You learn with experance if my jills dont show at the mouth of burrows there on to a rabbit and if it doesn't bolt they will kill it or stay till dug too

what is it with ferret keepers lately :hmm:

ferrets are a meat eating animal, yes the occassionally catch the rabbit, its not the end of the earth, its not something that needs to be corrected :hmm:

we have of late, people not wanting them to kill, not eating meat, the list goes on

what is it with ferret keepers lately :hmm:

ferrets are a meat eating animal, yes the occassionally catch the rabbit, its not the end of the earth, its not something that needs to be corrected :hmm:

we have of late, people not wanting them to kill, not eating meat, the list goes on

Damn no good hippies.... :clapper::D

ferrets will kill below ground its all part of ferreting you will never get clean bolts all the time espically using hobs :thumbs: and your hob has more and likely killed below ground so when he surfaces put him back down and he should go back to it then bleeper out see where he is and dig :thumbs:hate leaving dead rabbits below ground thats what the bleeper and collars for atb theferreter :D