man fined getting lurcher fit

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a joke :wallbash: Running a dog alnog the motor on quiet lanes or farm tracks early mornings is a quick way to get a dog fit, i would not call it Lazy as many of us use this method to get our dogs in quick shape, Hows it any lazyer than riding a bike along dog?

Im just Laughing at some of the things i just read in that article

'two men were dragging a dog along from a car' Dragging? :whistling:

Why have the dog on a lead! You can understand why it would look weird 'walking' the dog through the car window LOL!

Im not knocking it, i do it is i am in a hurry or i a too ill to walk, at least the dogs still get a run.

i have been training my dogs for 20 years doing this, no it's not lazy, but ecconomical, as i cant walk at 15> 20 miles /hour, all dogs MUST use cardovascular in aid to get fit, they WONT get cardovascular exercise by walking, they need to gallop, i find it very useful in keeping my dogs in top condition, maybe i'm more privillaged as theres lots more forrestry roads here to use, mine are never on leads while were trotting, they get used to the motor, but being sensible while your driving, helps -----yours den

to those that thinks its lazy your wrong i train my greyhounds like it twice a week this is after they have had their normal walk .in the car you can regulate the pace to get the dogs breathing right and its dangerous to let the passenger do it out of their window because the driver needs to be keeping a eye on the dog in case he stops or breaks from a walk by the time your passenger tells you its to late you have allready yanked their neck. i halso use this to get the lurchers fit pre seaon . i do it on a quiet industrial site or up on the mountain road always at night because tou can see other traffic coming and stop .i have found this method a great way to help and i said help get the dogs fit obviously they need their normal walking and free running to go along with this . pity the plods didnt chase the real criminals but i suppose thats to much like hard work .

:icon_eek: deserved it , plain lasy

Not lazy its a decent way of getting a dog fit IMO. :wallbash:

Maybe the man was to busy to spend luxurious hours walking through feilds with the dog?

i believe in doing whats best for a dog and if i couldnt do what i thinks best i wouldnt have a dog, also before getting a lurcher people should consider the commitment they have to give. my honest opionion is each to there own but walking dogs along side a car on a road isnt for me but more for lasy people :tongue2:

i do this wont do it now dont want to get court for walkin me dogs aswell lol

f****n coppers wastin good time again they should be doin something decent like catching hare deallers and drug coursers

Edited by Rain