light snack for the ferts

our garden has an assortment of animals/cages, we have the ferrets,chickens and a big rabbit, funnily enough the rabbits cage is under a ferret cage, and of course he gets visited by mice, we had noticed a few mice pinching food out of his cage, so yesterday I set a row of break backs, within seconds of placing them, baited with peanut butter we had our first visitor, followed by another three, all while me and the missus watched, re set and checked this morning, another three to add to the tally, ferts love their mid morning snack

post-5267-126754262346_thumb.jpg

our garden has an assortment of animals/cages, we have the ferrets,chickens and a big rabbit, funnily enough the rabbits cage is under a ferret cage, and of course he gets visited by mice, we had noticed a few mice pinching food out of his cage, so yesterday I set a row of break backs, within seconds of placing them, baited with peanut butter we had our first visitor, followed by another three, all while me and the missus watched, re set and checked this morning, another three to add to the tally, ferts love their mid morning snack

post-5267-126754262346_thumb.jpg

know how you feel mate,catch them same way regularly under the shed,cheep ferret food though :thumbs:

post-5267-126754787535_thumb.jpg

mouse tug-o-war anyone :D

stubby have you ever fed them to your chickens? they love mice, i remember many many years ago digging out an old compost heap with a bush in it, it was in my chicken run and i dug out a mouse nest that was in it there was about 8-10 mice and about 20 chickens, the mice were ripped to pieces i couldnt believe it as i didnt know they did this at the time.

It was pure carnage. :icon_eek:

post-5267-126754787535_thumb.jpg

mouse tug-o-war anyone :D

stubby have you ever fed them to your chickens? they love mice, i remember many many years ago digging out an old compost heap with a bush in it, it was in my chicken run and i dug out a mouse nest that was in it there was about 8-10 mice and about 20 chickens, the mice were ripped to pieces i couldnt believe it as i didnt know they did this at the time.

It was pure carnage. :icon_eek:

yes mate, people are amazed when they are round ours and see chickens fighting over mice, they are bloody quick at catching them too :D