KALZAGI FIGHT

Guest mucker

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oldskool
Jones is a dodgy f****r , Steroid user . Nothing wrong with it imho but you need a level playing field .

i think he used steroids to assist him in moving up the weights, thats just a guess!! his dream was to fight tyson...

im watching it now, i think joes fighting at his best.

its a shame hes welsh though.

staffy-1

come on joe!! ;)

:hmm: got something agains the welsh have you? :hmm::D

aye i do they f*****g stink mate. Lol im only joking mate i don't mind you lot :D .

all jokes aside a beautiful country you have. Just a shame about the people who live in it :rofl:

staffy-1 ;)

Was a good Scrap and a scrap was [bANNED TEXT] it was! think Calzaghe's 7 month lay off showed a bit but entertaining stuff,as for steroids i think you would be suprised by the amout of boxers that use them to some degree in their biuld up, Calzaghe is one of the few who definatly doesnt .the taff has a natural talent all round

WELL ..... BOYS ,

NOT PRETTY TO WATCH , THOUGH THE BLACK FELLA WAS STRONG [ FUNNY HOW YOU FELLAS MENTION ROIDS , I WAS THINKING BEFORE THE FIGHT THAT THE BLACK WAS USING ] HE WAS VERY CRUDE , SEEMED TO ME JOES TIMING WAS OUT , MISSING PUNCHES ..... THROWING A 2 PUNCH COMBO THEN DUCKING UNDERNEATH TO HOLD :no: ,

IF HE HAD MET A DECENT FIGHTER WHO BOXED FROM BEHIND THE JAD .... JOE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN BIG TROUBLE :(

NOT TO MENTION ....... BEING ... WIDE OPEN .... TO THE RIGHT HAND COUNTER

JEEEZ , BEING A SOUTHPAW MYSELF ... THATS THE FIRST THING THAT GETS DRUMMED HOME IN TRAINING , NEVERMIND CIRCLEING INTO HIS OPPONANTS HEAVY HAND :icon_eek:

LETS JUST HOPE IT IS DOWN TO RING RUST

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING ;)

Guest oldskool

calzaghe is plagued with brittle hands and bad elbows.... i think ring rust will always be a factor with him..

ah well, he has his money made anyway and sure a fight a year insures his finacial security.... better than the £12000 i used to get at work

Guest Duzabit

calzaghi, is a great fighter'' but 9 yrs yrs at the top can

become a little monotonous' he as reached his sell by

date at 34. it showed last night in his frustration to win.

I think if he fights Kessler he may well lose.

Duz.

It was mission impossible from the start. :wacko:

Put a brick privvie in front of a talented,gifted pugalist like Joe Calzaghe and ask him to break his hands on the other blokes thick skull is ridiculous.

Good on Joe for beating him though :clapper:

Some real replies on here :clapper::clapper:

Calzaghe in my opinion is a great fighter, he can stand and trade, box to a great standard and has proved this over and over again. People will always say he's never fought anybody :blink: now if anyone watched the programme about him in the week you get a better understanding. The big name oposition simply hasn't been around for him. He came at a time when the two names that have been mentioned for him to fight were at different weights to him i.e Hopkins (Middleweight and wasn't willing to move up to fight, calzaghe would have struggled to move down :no:) and Jones (light Heavy and he moved up to heavyweight and out priced himself in the purse requirements). The German champs Sven Otke and Markus Beyer (who was banged at the weekend :) ) would only fight in germany, and a challenger needs to knock his oponent out to get a draw in germany ;) So the opostion he has fought might not have been big names but they have all been decent and come to take his title.

The programme also highlighted the fact that without the rivalry between Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank they wouldn't have been as popular as they were. And look what Calzaghe did to Eubank ;) as Eubank said "he was WAY TO STRONG FOR ME" !!!

His performance last night ............far from his absoulute best but as good champs do he won and i feel won easy on points.

Now as everybody seems to know his career is coming to an end but i feel theres a few good fights left in him and against good oposition you'll always see the best in Joe. Many people thought Lacey would beat him up and we all know what happened there :yes::yes::D

All the best Tommy ;);)

Spot on Tommy !

I watched the same programme,the bloke will never get the recognition he deserves in America,no one will want to fight him. FFS look at his skill and power........fantastic :clapper:

Best of luck to him for the future.

The biggest fight out there for Joe is to fight the Dane Mikkel Kessler.The Dane has the other 2 belts in Joes division so its all to fight for.Plenty of reasons there to get himself motivated,there both unbeaten in there careers so far aswell.As for Bernard Hopkins he is rumoured to be fighting Oleg Maskaev at heavyweight.

went to watch the fight on saturday, great atmosphere through out but towards the end bika quietened us down and there was a few there thought joe was going to throw it away... i dont think he did his credability much good by taunting bika, and leaving his chin open to such a strong guy could of been a silly move... but he pulled it off..bring on defence number 20 :clapper: