permision

Guest collie greyhound

fat chance of getting any permision round by us :censored:

fat chance of getting any permision round by us :censored:

got a fair bit of permission round our way im only up the road from dudley in quinton

I'm in Solihull (just outside Brum) lads and I've managed it, I guess its in the approach, :good:

got about 5000acres for shooting, ferreting etc.

your best bet is to firstly ask for ferreting permission, especially on pheasant shoot land (it's quite hard to catch a pheasant with a ferret)

turn up smart, be polite, knock the doors yadda yadda yadda, you know the drill; also type up and print a hunting CV and a permission form, even if you get a knock back you can still leave the forms with them, if you get the permission form signed then keep it with you when you go on the land, you cant be hassled by busy bodies then fellas, :good:

think of it as your the land owner, who would you let on your land? someone who asked all scruffy or someone who is smart but casual clothes?tattoo'ed up or covered up? just use you head, i go in my works uniform which has the local council's name on it, so them thinking im in the community :clapper:

Indeed............ Turning up in my Fire Service uniform does give a good impression :good:

Guest oldskool
not that hard to get permisson over here, but the farmers who would be a bit iffy letting people on their land what i usually done was ask for ferreting permisson first and once i got to know the farmer a bit better then i asked for lamping etc, a thing ive noticed in my part of n.ireland is that if your asking for ferreting, or foxing (terrier work and lamping ) permisson you get on no bother but the same farmers are turning down the lads looking for rough shooting

i noticed that too frankie,,, its very rare to get a patch of ground that isnt surrounded with houses. i find that a patch of ground thats left bare is usually snatched up by the gun clubs... farmers can get £3-4 grand a year for their ground... so i think, with that in mind, many of them dont want to give out permission to a few local cowboys :) .... my oul boy handed out permission left, right and centre. infact, he gave it out so freely that he had forgotten half of what the young fellas looked like... 3 years a go he had a claim against him because some eejit fell and hurt himself climbin over a fence. it didnt stand because there was a cross over on down the fence that he ignored.

gettin permission these days isnt easy and with eejits lookin for any excuse to put in a claim you can see why! :( ... i find that with lurchers the biggest fear for a farmer is the dog chasin sheep...

i like that idea of headin round with a uniform,

Edited by oldskool
you can come on my permission anytime mate. it stretches from northern scotland right down to cornwall.

i think a lot of others on here have the same permission :whistle:

just to let you know im going out on your permission tonight,the bit in the middle of the country on the right hope thats alrite with you matty. :signthankspin:

you can come on my permission anytime mate. it stretches from northern scotland right down to cornwall.

i think a lot of others on here have the same permission :whistle:

just to let you know im going out on your permission tonight,the bit in the middle of the country on the right hope thats alrite with you matty. :signthankspin:

I don't think he'll mind mate, just so we don't bump into each other, we'll stick to the bit on the left, :whistle: ;)