night vision scopes

get a add on system you use your day scope as normal even though you have to mount it forward then when dark your add on goes behind your scope,i have just got mine set up and scope zeroed in just waiting for the weather to improve to go out and shoot a few charlies.

Obviously they are for use at night, but can you use them as a day scope as well? or do you have to keep changing between the two?

atn did 1 that could(you just changed the eye piece)but it had a massive objective & 60mm tube wieghed a ton & cost a bomb lots of bad points couldn't get rid of mine quick enough.get yourself a good quality add on,lookin at about £1500

If you shoot with n/v use only dedicate sight,also leave on rifle suited . The add on no good, as will not be correct shooting position for you,it too long . Yukon very good with extra magnificate.

ATN usless , no good to see anything unless gen 3 with big $$$$ cost. :icon_eek:

Edited by clint

If you shoot with n/v use only dedicate sight,also leave on rifle suited . The add on no good, as will not be correct shooting position for you,it too long . Yukon very good with extra magnificate.

ATN usless , no good to see anything unless gen 3 with bug $$$$ cost. :thumbs:

clint.are you chinese ?add on systems are far better than dedicated i have a gen111 addon system last week i looked through a cobra merlin gen1 with a laser and to say i was amazed is an understatement you can shoot rabbits with this system at 100yds with ease so do a bit of home work before you waffle on.

ATN usless , no good to see anything unless gen 3 with bug $$$$ cost. :thumbs:

clint.are you chinese ?add on systems are far better than dedicated i have a gen111 addon system last week i looked through a cobra merlin gen1 with a laser and to say i was amazed is an understatement you can shoot rabbits with this system at 100yds with ease so do a bit of home work before you waffle on.

Yes, add on ok & yes gen 3 very good. But it add so much to length of scope, i find not good shooting position.So not always good for target, maybe diffrent for you.How you hold this good ?

I use nvrs-f & many others , Nvrs-f best ,only gen 1+, with extra infared, i see 100metre , fox & any other animal.

I use russian gen 3 & 5 in military, you see all with this, but so much money to buy, & i no see here.If you find make , kite , this very good.

post-46973-126747696162_thumb.jpg

post-46973-126747767159_thumb.jpg

Edited by clint
  • 2 weeks later...

if you can buy this, it is best. I use this in military , few year ago.

http://www.starlightnv.co.uk/gen2scopes.html

i wouldnt buy anything from those Crooks. Period.

i use a PVS14 Gen 3 US, This IS the best night vision in the world.

expensive but you only cry once when you pay.

you buy crap and you will cry many times.

as he says- just what i have done

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Hope you don't mind me coming in on this thread i am thinking of getting a night scope, and as with the rifle itself, i agree with you that it better to get the best and avoid disapointment and having to later up grade it.

Can you tell me were is the best place to buy one, including rifle mount.

Cheers

Chris B

if you can buy this, it is best. I use this in military , few year ago.

http://www.starlightnv.co.uk/gen2scopes.html

i wouldnt buy anything from those Crooks. Period.

i use a PVS14 Gen 3 US, This IS the best night vision in the world.

expensive but you only cry once when you pay.

you buy crap and you will cry many times.

Edited by chrisb123

Hi there,

Hope you don't mind me coming in on this thread i am thinking of getting a night scope, and as with the rifle itself, i agree with you that it better to get the best and avoid disapointment and having to later up grade it.

I decided the same that if it is worth doing it is worth doing properly and dug deep and bought a ATN Trident Pro 6x Gen 2+ from Night Vision Gear , if you lived a bit closer I would have said come and have alook throught it! Hope this helps.

Was it worth it? Does it pick up the likes of rabbits and at what distance?

Have you found it a real benifit at £2k ?

Chris

Hi there,

I decided the same that if it is worth doing it is worth doing properly and dug deep and bought a ATN Trident Pro 6x Gen 2+ from Night Vision Gear , if you lived a bit closer I would have said come and have alook throught it! Hope this helps.