coursing on somerset levels

im just wondering does anyone know if anyone used to course on the somerset levels pre ban aand what it was like i think the levels are about the only place you can see a hare in somerset, the levels are the biggest land we have in somerset similiar to the fens it would be good to hear from anyone who has had experience on them

im just wondering does anyone know if anyone used to course on the somerset levels pre ban aand what it was like i think the levels are about the only place you can see a hare in somerset, the levels are the biggest land we have in somerset similiar to the fens it would be good to hear from anyone who has had experience on them

i promise you there is hares else where in somerset , but slowly begining to fade away

im in north somerset to, theres hares about if no where to look. but it aint no fens, fields are tiny. most i seen on lamp is 12, only out hour aswell, numbers do seemed to be dropping last few months. hope poachers hant found my spots. lol. where abouts you live chewton?

I used to live Easton near to weston-super-mare and i used to run my dogs on hares on the moor land. There was always plenty around there about 13 years ago. not sure about now but it was wonderful ground. The ditches were never that wide so the dog could jump and keep up the pursuit.