what age would you teach a dog to jump

ive a 7mths saluki/cross 21/22tts;shes been jumping naw 6/7weeks. she clears sheepneting plus astrand of wire 6/9inch above easy.she took to it like aduck to water.she was just over 5mths when she started.coming on fine. :thumbs:

The saluki x we have is a natural jumper as all saluki bred dogs seem to be, i started the pup as soon as she was out after her injections not anything higher than a 30cms just so she gets used to the command hup.she is jumping most stuff now at 8 months

i start my pups as soon as i wean them not actually jumping but little boards across which they have to scrabble over and gradually raise them so as they get older they have to hop over them .then when they start going out look for low obstacles on the walk even if it means going out of your way a bit never had any problems with any of my pups jumping using this method and it just seems natural to them as they get older and jum higher things.

My Deerhound nearly lost an eye this morning because he's never learned to jump properly, he ploughed straight into a wire fence on our property because he can't jump. I was worried about his joints when he was younger,should have taught him from small as I have the others, they dont have any problems with their joints or jumping. The Deerhound has a big cut across the bridge of his nose, his eye lid and down the side of his face.

i start my pups as soon as i wean them not actually jumping but little boards across which they have to scrabble over and gradually raise them so as they get older they have to hop over them .then when they start going out look for low obstacles on the walk even if it means going out of your way a bit never had any problems with any of my pups jumping using this method and it just seems natural to them as they get older and jum higher things.

Good reply.clapper.gif I put boards across the gateway into the garden, started low and gradually increased them. Everytime the pup goes for a walk he has to jump them, they soon learn.

P1030381.jpg

Good reply.clapper.gif I put boards across the gateway into the garden, started low and gradually increased them. Everytime the pup goes for a walk he has to jump them, they soon learn.

P1030381.jpg

tote very same as the way i do it mate keep adding a slat on every few weeks,,spot on :thumbs: