terriers and there noses???

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pointless thread really, EVERY decent terrier NEEDS a good nose.

Posted Images

i hope the chap knows the difference between "not able to find" and "getting the run around" the fox knows the earth and is faster than the dog in alot of cases. only when the dog gets hold or outs him in a stop end......

i have found when going alone against the wind a dog which "does not find well" will bolt the fox very quickly.when going with a crew the fox knows you are there and will try its best to "stay in".

not trying to teach anybody to suck eggs but this is often the cause for dogs "not finding" if they are not giving toungue on the scent how will you know???( this is the case with teckel/jagd etc but not with the russel and fox terrier u have had,they have only been loud when "on" the quarry).

what a load of pure utter shit .How many black dogs have you seen work ,you cant judge a breed of dogs by just one terrier ,maybe the terrier was a bag of shit and didnt want to know

with someone else the dog might of made a decent standard,shame we.ll never no.but this lad sounds to me like a cabbage

what a load of pure utter shit .How many black dogs have you seen work ,you cant judge a breed of dogs by just one terrier ,maybe the terrier was a bag of shit and didnt want to know

with someone else the dog might of made a decent standard,shame we.ll never no.but this lad sounds to me like a cabbage

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Guest busterdog

I will say this -Every single dog that ive had ,seen work ,of any breed ,type has good olfactory senses .It goes hand in hand with work .Cant find ,cant work .You must learn to have a bit of patience when at a big place .We know nothing of what goes on once you release the terrier underground and to state otherwise is to purely guess .

No two encounters are the same ,luckily and in case you havnt noticed, quarry smells different at different times of the year ,even to the human nose .What is needed in a terrier is perseverance ,somtimes confused with a lack of nose .A big place takes some working so let your dog work it .Lucky finds will always happen within a big place but not to be relied on or classed as the norm .

Spot on again FD, its all about perseverance not all dogs gell in ther first few digs and perserverance can be taught as well as bred.

If you are the quiting sort then more often than not you're dog will be of the same persuasion, its not all about nose.

I will say this -Every single dog that ive had ,seen work ,of any breed ,type has good olfactory senses .It goes hand in hand with work .Cant find ,cant work .You must learn to have a bit of patience when at a big place .We know nothing of what goes on once you release the terrier underground and to state otherwise is to purely guess .

No two encounters are the same ,luckily and in case you havnt noticed, quarry smells different at different times of the year ,even to the human nose .What is needed in a terrier is perseverance ,somtimes confused with a lack of nose .A big place takes some working so let your dog work it .Lucky finds will always happen within a big place but not to be relied on or classed as the norm .

Spot on again FD, its all about perseverance not all dogs gell in ther first few digs and perserverance can be taught as well as bred.

If you are the quiting sort then more often than not you're dog will be of the same persuasion, its not all about nose.

:good:

Good point scent. A lot of "terriermen" are the same with-here goes.....the Plummer.

However much they're knocked,there is no breed of terrier with a better nose. :gunsmilie:

Lets not detract from the fact this idiot posted a load of bullshit in the 1st place....

Lets not spoil it with sensible replies lads :whistling:

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

i could smell shit through my monitor when i opened the 1st post,cant believe the shit i read on here,pointless thread,thread started by a plonker with nothing between his lugs