any mechanics essex area

right, I have a suzuki vit 1.6, its been a great little 4x4 up until now, its still great, but Ive got this bloody noise thats doing my head in, rear passenger side, sounds "tinny" as it something is catching on something as you drive, happens in both 2wd or 4wd and in any gear, but its there sometimes, then dissapears, we had it up on the ramp and cannot see anything caught under there, mates reckon its not wheels bearings, so the only other thing I can think of is the diff, as its the only other thing that side?

so, anyone know of a good mechanic that will take it for a drive and can get a rough idea, as Id rather get it sorted sooner rather than later in case its serious

im not sure on the vits so i cant answer, but join http://forum.difflock.com/index.php?sid=0e1a0300d2acf92bc95716f38ded9db6 and ask on the suzuki forum, some of the guys on there can tell ye if ye bulb is about to pop. and if it is something like that you wont have a problem getting the parts on there.

or theres a new suzuki forum

http://forum.muddyzook.co.uk/index.php

which the owner supplies suzuki parts

best of luck with it

right, I have a suzuki vit 1.6, its been a great little 4x4 up until now, its still great, but Ive got this bloody noise thats doing my head in, rear passenger side, sounds "tinny" as it something is catching on something as you drive, happens in both 2wd or 4wd and in any gear, but its there sometimes, then dissapears, we had it up on the ramp and cannot see anything caught under there, mates reckon its not wheels bearings, so the only other thing I can think of is the diff, as its the only other thing that side?

so, anyone know of a good mechanic that will take it for a drive and can get a rough idea, as Id rather get it sorted sooner rather than later in case its serious

Some one has put a stone in your exaust yc :clapper:

Is it like a metallic grating noise? If so I'd say rear UV joint, cheap enough to replace if you DIY. If not this it could be your pinion shaft is out of alignment, either way a garage should be able 2 tell you once up on the ramps :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I tell ya, its so bloody wierd, the haynes manuel describes the sound, and lists things from wheel bearing seals, wheel bearings, diff,diff bits etc, but one minute the noise is there, the next it dissapears, had a mate come around and we took it out for a spin, so he could listen to the noise, NOT A BLOODY MURMER :wallbash:

parked up, went out the next day with the missus, 400yds after pulling away, that noise is back, next day, nothing :doh:

which makes me think, it cant be serious :hmm: otherwise it would be there all the time

Ive had both rear drums off, nothing loose in there, but did notice oil stains on the centre of hub passenger side, making me think its a oil seal/bearing seal, but is it that, or is that just another fix that needs doing, irrelivent to "the noise"

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

just done a 70 mile round trip to my mums, not a murmer, sounded like my old car again :wallbash:

I cant win, when the noise is there, it does my head in....

when it aint there, Im doing my head in, wondering why not :wallbash::wallbash:

just done a 70 mile round trip to my mums, not a murmer, sounded like my old car again :wallbash:

I cant win, when the noise is there, it does my head in....

when it aint there, Im doing my head in, wondering why not :wallbash::wallbash:

I have had exactly the same with my freelander, started off jus like yours off and on until it got unbearable to drive, took it in the garage changed the back shocks checked the bushes and diff all were fine so no more the garage could do. [bANNED TEXT] i got it back i jacked it up had a look myself after hours of prodding, shakin and banging i noticed there was a slight movement where the subframe is bolted to the bodywork. Theres no way i could get the bolt out so rammed a load of silicone in which was great for a few weeks. The jeep is off in tomorrow for a few spots of weld just to stop the movement so hopefully i will be able to drive it without the music turned right up tomorrow night,haha