Hushpowers

Hi,

just wondering if anyone uses any of the hushpower variants that are out, particularly the 410?

Feeling a bit tempted by one :icon_redface: just don't tell the Mrs :gunsmilie:

Cheers

Dave

I have had one of the original Pedretti .410s since they first came out in the early 1980s - its been a very useful tool indeed, the 12 bore is bigger and clunkier but obviously hits harder as well

I have the pedretti 410, and will never get rid off it, as a humaine dispatch tool it does the job great, live caught foxes dealt with in one go, and if using sub sonics, very quite, especially if using as pest control in built up areas, have used it rough shooting too with 3" magnums , again works great, I also had the 12 bore pedretti, again a good gun, but really is big compaired to the 410, it was like pointing a drainpipe

post-5267-12667869014_thumb.jpg

post-5267-126678693254_thumb.jpg

Hmm, interesting :hmm:

I was leaning towards the 410 but thinking of one of the new Baikals or whatever the new ones are that are being brought in by York guns.

I'll have a look at the make you suggested, if I can find one!!

for anyone looking at either the 410 or 12, Id suggest you first check out the availability of subsonic cartridges from your local stockists, as this may shock you

410 carts have always been pricey, ranging between £4 to £5 a box of 25, but I had trouble getting hold of 12's in subsonic, and when I did they were £6.25 per box,

theres not much difference in length between the two bores, but the 410 does fold down smaller, and of course is much lighter, and remember the 410 will take the shot the same distance, it'll just have a smaller pattern

Hmm, interesting :hmm:

I was leaning towards the 410 but thinking of one of the new Baikals or whatever the new ones are that are being brought in by York guns.

I'll have a look at the make you suggested, if I can find one!!

just saw one the same as mine on pidgeon watch, dont know if the link will work, I aint great on computers, I payed the same money for mine,

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=114646

HI Dave

I've got a Baikal 410 hushpower and I think its great! I would buy another tomorrow.

They are great for using in places you do not want to bring attention, and you get chance for that second shot. The only down side and it would not put me off them 1% is that they are quite long.

Get one you may never want to go back to anything else, my next purchase will be the Mossberg 3 shot hushpower as when Im out rabbiting that unnoticed rabbit always pops out from some place and runs past you.

Andy