CZ 452 BAD GROUPING

Well, there you go, Never clean your barrel, clean it when you need it, clean it regularly, take the mod off, leave it on, change the scope mounts, clean the bolt and try every .22 ammo available, get it checked professionally, did I miss anything???

Well, conflicting and confusing advice by the bucket load!!

CZ very seldon cause a problm, so lets hope it is something simple at the end of the day.

ATB!! :thumbs:

many cz rifle need little clean,or polish.

first check you silencer no touchin, take off & try shoot.

second , get paper magasine , see if paper go under barrel, between barrel & wood. (this must be free, take off & run with sand paper until paper go under.

third, get larger drill bit, by hand only. rub on to barrel end , where bullet come from to make little angle.

four ,make sure sites tight.

try shoot, good group now.good luck

Well, there you go, Never clean your barrel, clean it when you need it, clean it regularly, take the mod off, leave it on, change the scope mounts, clean the bolt and try every .22 ammo available, get it checked professionally, did I miss anything???

Well, conflicting and confusing advice by the bucket load!!

CZ very seldon cause a problm, so lets hope it is something simple at the end of the day.

ATB!! :thumbs:

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

WEHEYYY! Sorted!!

Out of desperation I did the following, some of the actions were repeated but I wanted to be sure I had tried everything before I marched back into the shop. Removed the scope and mounts and split the rings, removed, split and cleaned then re-assembled the moderator, removed the stock to make sure there was nothing between the action and stock. Gave every thing a good clean and put it back together. I was going to put my leupolds on but tested the parker hales 3-12 x 50 on my fac rapid and they were fine so I wound the adjusters to max elevation and drop as well as left and right, counting back to the opposite lock and making sure it felt right before counting the clicks back to center and remounting. I had a hour on a bench rest at 35yds and was delighted to be almost one holing with winchester super x(after the initial fine tuning) and very good also were the RWS but too waxy for my liking. The remington subs were also grouping fairly well, 0.5 to 0.75" but seemed a bit unpredictable with the odd flyer so I will use the remainder up for plinking. I should add that it shot like sh#t through a cleaned barrel, but 4 rounds into the zeroing it tightened up a treat. The only worrying thing is that I can not put my finger on anything that was wrong or even looked iffy. Confidence is brimming so lets see how it fairs up on the bunnies.

Thanks all for your earlier suggestions, no Eley subs at my rfd but will try them when I come across them.

Regards,

Pete

WEHEYYY! Sorted!!

Out of desperation I did the following, some of the actions were repeated but I wanted to be sure I had tried everything before I marched back into the shop. Removed the scope and mounts and split the rings, removed, split and cleaned then re-assembled the moderator, removed the stock to make sure there was nothing between the action and stock. Gave every thing a good clean and put it back together. I was going to put my leupolds on but tested the parker hales 3-12 x 50 on my fac rapid and they were fine so I wound the adjusters to max elevation and drop as well as left and right, counting back to the opposite lock and making sure it felt right before counting the clicks back to center and remounting. I had a hour on a bench rest at 35yds and was delighted to be almost one holing with winchester super x(after the initial fine tuning) and very good also were the RWS but too waxy for my liking. The remington subs were also grouping fairly well, 0.5 to 0.75" but seemed a bit unpredictable with the odd flyer so I will use the remainder up for plinking. I should add that it shot like sh#t through a cleaned barrel, but 4 rounds into the zeroing it tightened up a treat. The only worrying thing is that I can not put my finger on anything that was wrong or even looked iffy. Confidence is brimming so lets see how it fairs up on the bunnies.

Thanks all for your earlier suggestions, no Eley subs at my rfd but will try them when I come across them.

Regards,

Pete

Probably something "simple", lets hope so, good to hear it's back on song!! :thumbs::thumbs:

The factory set trigger on these is real heavy. I found that I became so conscious of it that I stopped thinking about the target and concentrated more on how the trigger was going to pull. Had a big negative effect on grouping. Had the trigger mechanism modified and the results were instant, much tighter patterns.