Whippet x Greyhound!!! A pointless cross???

I have noticed a few people commenting on whippet x greyhounds and i have always understood it to be a pointless cross!! why wouldnt you just get a small greyhound or a large whippet instead of mixing up the blood!! only an opinion!! all views welcome agree or disagree!!! thanks

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

YOUR deluded if you think a whipet is faster than a grey, and whippets wil run round a day catching rabbits, you wil also get more courses out on hares in a day than you would with a grey

A pointless cross??? Christ, I can think of many that WOULD be well described as a pointless cross, that are forever getting dragged out the wood work, from your Akita's to your ABD's but never th

Posted Images

i dont see the reason in crossing the two together when there are plenty of good small greyhounds about and on the other side of the fence i have seen lots of whippets thats could quite easily pass off as greyhounds to the untrained eye!! why not use one of these instead of mixing the two together???!! im looking for the reason to cross them together what good does it do the dog in the long run?? if you cross a whippet with a collie its to add brain!! if you cross bull to a grey its to add gameness!! like i said anyone tell me how whippet xgreyhound benifits the dog??

i dont see the reason in crossing the two together when there are plenty of good small greyhounds about and on the other side of the fence i have seen lots of whippets thats could quite easily pass off as greyhounds to the untrained eye!! why not use one of these instead of mixing the two together???!! im looking for the reason to cross them together what good does it do the dog in the long run?? if you cross a whippet with a collie its to add brain!! if you cross bull to a grey its to add gameness!! like i said anyone tell me how whippet xgreyhound benifits the dog??

HERES SOME REASONS FOR YA :thumbs: THE WHIPP/GREY, wil have more staminar than a pure grey, and more speed than a whippet, it wil genraly be larger than a whippet.

Because people want too

HERES SOME REASONS FOR YA :thumbs: THE WHIPP/GREY, wil have more staminar than a pure grey, and more speed than a whippet, it wil genraly be larger than a whippet.

this is the kind of answer im looking for :thumbs: !! im trying to find the good in the cross im not trying to slate it i just have never seen or heard a fair argument for why you use this cross!!!!

Well i could be wrong, but to get a small grey or a large whippet,surely they would have

[crossed] the 2 together [generation's] back. Alot of [none ped] whippets have got greyhound in there blood ,? And even a grey bitch would a lot bigger [24-25in 50-60lb] than any [big] dog whippet [22-23in 30-40lb].? A x of the 2 breeds, would be a better choice tougher dog as most hybreds are , thats why we have lurchers

:yes:

Guest bluemink

I would love one of these but I like a little bit more wind in my dog :whistling: . A few pro's more speed than a whippet, more stamina than greyhound, more height than a whippet, more fire than a greyhound, hybrid vigour, need I go on??? give me a whippet greyhound over a whippet or a greyhound anyday.

I would love one of these but I like a little bit more wind in my dog :whistling: . A few pro's more speed than a whippet, more stamina than greyhound, more height than a whippet, more fire than a greyhound, hybrid vigour, need I go on??? give me a whippet greyhound over a whippet or a greyhound anyday.

why would you love one of these if you like more wind in yor dogs???

Edited by cooper101