england get away with it again

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit Swampy will be on soon giving it big :D

Damn right Catch!

I was right again. Scotland played a blinder. Wales did not win that match Scotland lost it with a complete loss of mental discipline!

Shouted myself horse cheering the Jocks. Nearly cried when Shane went over. Game should have stayed a draw. Why at the restart when the clock had gone red didn't he kick the ball dead?

There are some jocks on here who are very keen (again) to slate England (Zap) We got a win. Italy never looked like scoring except through penalties and England let them dictate how the game was played. Lessons learnt but we won. I think rather than say how "lucky" the English were and how the ref was on our side they should be a bit more critical of their own teams poor discipline and rueing a lost chance. As for Wales? They can only take heart in the fact that they stuck to their guns against 13 men. Funny how the English got slated for that last week?!

Its a shame that folk on here can't take a more objective view of the game rather than show their ignorance and slate England.

Rgds

An Englishman rueing and ninging still

I'm not going to get into a slagging match with any of you lot. Because I've been proved right on both weekends (well, 100% results & 75% method)

England will beat scotland. We're too strong for an improving scottish team.

England will Beat Ireland. Ireland have showed their weakness and England will capitilise on it.

Engalnd will beat france. We will wind them up and they will lose their composure. We will doggedly and some will say momtonously, grind them down.

Why have people wriytten Italy off? They are always a hard team to beat. I don't think any of the other 5 nations think that its going to be a push over against them.

The best is yet to come. Play each match to combat the opposition. Every opposition should be palyed differently. We will get it right. We may not get the grand slam but I think we will win the tournament.

The bitterness shown by the home nations against England have couded the judgement of those displaying it.

Swampy

WINNING NING

Damn right Catch!

I was right again. Scotland played a blinder. Wales did not win that match Scotland lost it with a complete loss of mental discipline!

Shouted myself horse cheering the Jocks. Nearly cried when Shane went over. Game should have stayed a draw. Why at the restart when the clock had gone red didn't he kick the ball dead?

There are some jocks on here who are very keen (again) to slate England (Zap) We got a win. Italy never looked like scoring except through penalties and England let them dictate how the game was played. Lessons learnt but we won. I think rather than say how "lucky" the English were and how the ref was on our side they should be a bit more critical of their own teams poor discipline and rueing a lost chance. As for Wales? They can only take heart in the fact that they stuck to their guns against 13 men. Funny how the English got slated for that last week?!

Its a shame that folk on here can't take a more objective view of the game rather than show their ignorance and slate England.

Rgds

Why did you support the Scots Swamps, do you think they were cheering your lot on against Wales....?? :whistling::clapper:

Now for a bit of objection! :D

England showed some good attacking yesterday, but their refusal to run from the deep areas and constantly putting boot to ball is killing the English play. England need to let go of their fears, take a few risks and run with ball in hand. Wilkinson had the worst game I've seen him have, I genuinely think his inclusion in the team yesterday was part of the reason for the bad performance. Forget the fact he missed 3 kicks at goal, I saw him play one decent pass all match, and kick the ball to Italian hands countless times. England seemed too intent on matching the Italian pack's strength with their own, when they could have run Italy ragged with some quicker three quarter play. I have to say the Italian recycling of the ball at the ruck was exceptional yesterday, and if they'd have had the passes and runners in the back line, we'd have been talking about a whole different outcome.

Edited by maltenby

same as always people hate england winning ,wales were lucky against scotland and ireland were shit against france but nothing said!!!!! a decent team is one that has a bad day and still wins. SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT

Wales lucky? Not really lucky, I'd say more like shit for 80 minutes and when they got it together in the last 10 Scotland cracked under the pressure and lost their discipline.

Ireland shit? Again, not really, they didn't do much wrong just France in the form they were in on Saturday are a match for any other team in the world, and that includes the big 3 Southern teams (IMO) as any true rugby fan will tell you.

As for your 'Sweet Chariot', well you know where you can 'Stick your f*****g Chariot'....... :clapper::laugh:

Edited by maltenby

Damn right Catch!

Rgds

Why did you support the Scots Swamps, do you think they were cheering your lot on against Wales....?? :whistling::clapper:

Now for a bit of objection! :D

England showed some good attacking yesterday, but their refusal to run from the deep areas and constantly putting boot to ball is killing the English play. England need to let go of their fears, take a few risks and run with ball in hand. Wilkinson had the worst game I've seen him have, I genuinely think his inclusion in the team yesterday was part of the reason for the bad performance. Forget the fact he missed 3 kicks at goal, I saw him play one decent pass all match, and kick the ball to Italian hands countless times. England seemed too intent on matching the Italian pack's strength with their own, when they could have run Italy ragged with some quicker three quarter play. I have to say the Italian recycling of the ball at the ruck was exceptional yesterday, and if they'd have had the passes and runners in the back line, we'd have been talking about a whole different outcome.

At last some objectivity!

I supported the Jocks as being a bit of a softy I like seeing the underdog do well. I laso had a sneaking suspicion that might win (please refer to previous quotes)

JW undoubtably had the worst game of his international career. 8 points squandered, perhaps that may have quietened some of the critics and changed the character of the game. Yes, the kicking game has become symptomatic of the modern game. Whether its to do with the new rules I don't know. but Italy were allowed to dictate the way the game was played and JW and steve Borthwick showed a distinct lack of leadership.

These are not flaws that cannot be addressed. We've had two games and two wins. If we played badly and win then that is still a positive!

I think it is up to the likes of Ireland and wales to make the dramatic improvements. france will be beaten. I don't think it'll be a pretty game though. scotland italy or Ireland wales will be the games to watch !

rgds

Swampy

unbiasedning

same as always people hate england winning ,wales were lucky against scotland and ireland were shit against france but nothing said!!!!! a decent team is one that has a bad day and still wins. SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT

Wales lucky? Not really lucky, I'd say more like shit for 80 minutes and when they got it together in the last 10 Scotland cracked under the pressure and lost their discipline.

Ireland shit? Again, not really, they didn't do much wrong just France in the form they were in on Saturday are a match for any other team in the world, and that includes the big 3 Southern teams IMO as any true rugby fan will tell you.

As for your 'Sweet Chariot', well you know where you can 'Stick your f*****g Chariot'....... :clapper::laugh:

Calm down malt its only a game!

We know exactly where we are going to stick our sweet chariot!

Rgds

swamp

swinging and ninging

I supported the Jocks as being a bit of a softy I like seeing the underdog do well. I laso had a sneaking suspicion that might win (please refer to previous quotes)

JW undoubtably had the worst game of his international career. 8 points squandered, perhaps that may have quietened some of the critics and changed the character of the game. Yes, the kicking game has become symptomatic of the modern game. Whether its to do with the new rules I don't know. but Italy were allowed to dictate the way the game was played and JW and steve Borthwick showed a distinct lack of leadership.

These are not flaws that cannot be addressed. We've had two games and two wins. If we played badly and win then that is still a positive!

I think it is up to the likes of Ireland and wales to make the dramatic improvements. france will be beaten. I don't think it'll be a pretty game though. scotland italy or Ireland wales will be the games to watch !

rgds

Swampy

unbiasedning

:thumbs: Do you not think that the way England played was dictated by the management though? As soon as the ball was kicked to English hands in their own half, it was booted back. If they received it in the Italian half, it was run. I suppose time will tell, but so far the jury's still very much out on Johnson's style of management. All just my opinion of course. :thumbs:

wales just didnt turn up with any type of guts,they hyped thereselves up for months and pride there game on beating the english but instead were turned over.losing all there form.....lol as for beating france the last time they won the six nations we were the only team to beat thewm then

wales just didnt turn up with any type of guts,they hyped thereselves up for months and pride there game on beating the english but instead were turned over.losing all there form.....lol as for beating france the last time they won the six nations we were the only team to beat thewm then

France are far from unbeatable, in recent years that have been beaten by England, Ireland, Wales, and Scotland ran them close last year. The thing I was saying about France is that you never know what's going to happen when they take to the pitch... :thumbs:

rgds

Swampy

unbiasedning

:thumbs: Do you not think that the way England played was dictated by the management though? As soon as the ball was kicked to English hands in their own half, it was booted back. If they received it in the Italian half, it was run. I suppose time will tell, but so far the jury's still very much out on Johnson's style of management. All just my opinion of course. :thumbs:

A lot has been said about the English management style. however it is down to the 15 men on the pitch to make the real decisions in the last 80 mins of the preparation.

MJ is without doubt a formidable character (i've met him a few times) and he does not suffer fools gladly. A good side should be able to adapt their game plan during the match and that element of the England game could/should be improved. I do not understand the kicking tactics either. JW was obviously having an off day and Toby Flood should have been given a run out from very early on.

Like I said. the falws we have are corectable and I'm confident that MJ will address them before they run out onto the park again.

regards

swampy

post mortem ning