seagull daughters grand daughter and sons and great grandsons and adughters

i'm sure that Gary told me that Merlin. Swan, and Rebel were all out of the same litter, i think there is some confusion with "blaze" there was obviously more than one good dog out of this line with the name "blaze" i think most people are more familiar with m.b.'s (owner of bow) brother in law's "blaze" which was a rangy black and tan dog !!;) who used to tie his hare in knot's !! A very "boxy" type and very effective !!!!!!!:clapper:

THERE WERE 7 PUPS IN MERLINS LITTER, 3 DOGS, 4 BITCHES. BOTH MERLIN(sold at 11 months to the Finneys) & SWAN(sold to George of Leicester) WHO WERE ROUGH COATED & A SMOOTH RED DOG THAT WAS SOLD TO SMOG OF LEICESTER. THIS WAS THE 1st LITTER FROM FLY TO TOBY (THE HOOVER).THE CONFUSION USUALLY HAPPENS AS YEARS AGO PEOPLE WERENT AS CONCERNED WITH THE LINEAGE & BREEDING OF DOGS AS THEY ARE TODAY. MANY SIMPLY MATED WHAT THEY SAW AS A GOOD DOG TO ANOTHER GOOD DOG :thumbs:

optimus info is spot on, george had swan, he and gaz bred swan with eve, and george had a pup which was blaze. long time ago.

rebel was paul sutton`s rough brindle dog , nothing to do with merlins litter.... rebel was litter brother to fred`s bess, fred bred duke with bess a couple of times and produced two top class bitches, susie, kelly.

gaz used merlin and rebel across eve a good few times, i had a half decent bitch called spider out of rebel and eve, after she got run over she was finished running and gaz bred with her.

i had a fly x hoover bitch called taz, on a good day she could run a hare into the ground, but sometimes lost loads of ground on bends mid field, and made it hard work for herself

YOUR BITCH TAZ GONZALEZ, WAS SHE A FAWN BITCH FROM FLY X THE HOOVERS SECOND LITTER MATE??:thumbs:

she was out the second litter, cream rough haired, strong bitch

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all these animals are either outof seagull or grand kids or great grand kids there a loads i have not putup liek the finalist of a competition recently and there is benji barney nipper snowy rose blo

Posted Images

i'm sure that Gary told me that Merlin. Swan, and Rebel were all out of the same litter, i think there is some confusion with "blaze" there was obviously more than one good dog out of this line with the name "blaze" i think most people are more familiar with m.b.'s (owner of bow) brother in law's "blaze" which was a rangy black and tan dog !!;) who used to tie his hare in knot's !! A very "boxy" type and very effective !!!!!!!:clapper:

THERE WERE 7 PUPS IN MERLINS LITTER, 3 DOGS, 4 BITCHES. BOTH MERLIN(sold at 11 months to the Finneys) & SWAN(sold to George of Leicester) WHO WERE ROUGH COATED & A SMOOTH RED DOG THAT WAS SOLD TO SMOG OF LEICESTER. THIS WAS THE 1st LITTER FROM FLY TO TOBY (THE HOOVER).THE CONFUSION USUALLY HAPPENS AS YEARS AGO PEOPLE WERENT AS CONCERNED WITH THE LINEAGE & BREEDING OF DOGS AS THEY ARE TODAY. MANY SIMPLY MATED WHAT THEY SAW AS A GOOD DOG TO ANOTHER GOOD DOG :thumbs:

optimus info is spot on, george had swan, he and gaz bred swan with eve, and george had a pup which was blaze. long time ago.

rebel was paul sutton`s rough brindle dog , nothing to do with merlins litter.... rebel was litter brother to fred`s bess, fred bred duke with bess a couple of times and produced two top class bitches, susie, kelly.

gaz used merlin and rebel across eve a good few times, i had a half decent bitch called spider out of rebel and eve, after she got run over she was finished running and gaz bred with her.

i had a fly x hoover bitch called taz, on a good day she could run a hare into the ground, but sometimes lost loads of ground on bends mid field, and made it hard work for herself

YOUR BITCH TAZ GONZALEZ, WAS SHE A FAWN BITCH FROM FLY X THE HOOVERS SECOND LITTER MATE??:thumbs:

5 PUPS IN SECOND LITTER, 1 ROUGH DOG SOLD TO (hissing)SID GASKIN....4 BITCHES, ROUGH BITCH NELL(kept then later sold to Ivor lee)..SMOOTH BITCH SUE & 2 BITCHES 1 SMOOTH, 1 ROUGH(owners are not named):thumbs:

5 PUPS IN SECOND LITTER, 1 ROUGH DOG SOLD TO (hissing)SID GASKIN....4 BITCHES, ROUGH BITCH NELL(kept then later sold to Ivor lee)..SMOOTH BITCH SUE & 2 BITCHES 1 SMOOTH, 1 ROUGH(owners are not named):thumbs:

well, i owened the rough one, taz

well, i owened the rough one, taz

YOU ARE A LUCKY MAN GONZALEZ TO HAVE OWNED DOGS OF SUCH BREEDING & QUALITY...atb,OPTIMUS :thumbs:

Now it ain't usually my thing to post in these coursing threds, i'd rather leave it to those qualified to do so, those who have really walked the walk, so to speak. Though my hats off to you boys, I read 'em with great interest, as i've always been an admirer of these special hounds and hope to own another Saluki blooded dog sometime soon. :yes:

Anyways, about a month back, a none hunting friend asked me if I wanted some old copies of Shooting News, as her late Grandfather was a shooter and had kept all that he had, in immaculate condition. She's brought me about twelve, so far (I've asked for 'em all) and they make for some nostalgic and interesting reading.

The classified sections especially, so I thought I'd put up some ad's to see if anyone knows of 'em, and if some of these pups would have made any impact on a then 'infant' match coursing scene...?

First from January 1989.. (A big box ad)

Hare Killers

Saluki type bitch, 26ins, 12months old. Red and featherd, has killed 14 hares so far. Plenty of speed, strike and stamina. Very well bred three quarter Saluki quarter Greyhound three quarter Saluki quarter Lurcher.

red dog, 26ins, smooth 18months. By Merlin to a very well bred bitch. This dog will kill and retrieve back to car, 2 out of possible 3 hares per day.

Dog pup, 16 weeks, by Merlin and Dee. Parents and grandparents all top class 3 out of 3 match dogs. Sold only to perminant home to be used as stud later on, £150.

4 dog pups, 12 weeks old, by Rooster, just sold for £1000. Grandsire: Merlin, granddame Eve. Blue, Dawn, Fly, Merlin, Rebel, Hawkeye, Fly2, Blade, Gypsy, Ringo, Swan, Snitch. Some of the very best and all in the pedigree of these puppies, £125.

Tel G****. On*****

Two standard ads from December 1988.

Coursing Men.

Three cracking bitch pups out of Merlin and my own bitch. Hare single handed and excellent lamper. £100 each.

Tel*****

And...

Saluki Greyhound first cross pups.

Sire: Arguably 'the' best coursing dog in the North, 29".

Dam: 27", open-class Greyhound. Bred for hares, excellent potential in the right hands. All wormed. £80 each.

Tel******** Lancs.

:thumbs:

Now it ain't usually my thing to post in these coursing threds, i'd rather leave it to those qualified to do so, those who have really walked the walk, so to speak. Though my hats off to you boys, I read 'em with great interest, as i've always been an admirer of these special hounds and hope to own another Saluki blooded dog sometime soon. :yes:

Anyways, about a month back, a none hunting friend asked me if I wanted some old copies of Shooting News, as her late Grandfather was a shooter and had kept all that he had, in immaculate condition. She's brought me about twelve, so far (I've asked for 'em all) and they make for some nostalgic and interesting reading.

The classified sections especially, so I thought I'd put up some ad's to see if anyone knows of 'em, and if some of these pups would have made any impact on a then 'infant' match coursing scene...?

Hare Killers

Saluki type bitch, 26ins, 12months old. Red and featherd, has killed 14 hares so far. Plenty of speed, strike and stamina. Very well bred three quarter Saluki quarter Greyhound three quarter Saluki quarter Lurcher.

red dog, 26ins, smooth 18months. By Merlin to a very well bred bitch. This dog will kill and retrieve back to car, 2 out of possible 3 hares per day.

Dog pup, 16 weeks, by Merlin and Dee. Parents and grandparents all top class 3 out of 3 match dogs. Sold only to perminant home to be used as stud later on, £150.

4 dog pups, 12 weeks old, by Rooster, just sold for £1000. Grandsire: Merlin, granddame Eve. Blue, Dawn, Fly, Merlin, Rebel, Hawkeye, Fly2, Blade, Gypsy, Ringo, Swan, Snitch. Some of the very best and all in the pedigree of these puppies, £125.

Tel G****. On*****

Coursing Men.

Three cracking bitch pups out of Merlin and my own bitch. Hare single handed and excellent lamper. £100 each.

Tel*****

And...

Dam: 27", open-class Greyhound. Bred for hares, excellent potential in the right hands. All wormed. £80 each.

Tel******** Lancs.

the first advert is gary from leicster, who "made" the merlin x eve line of dog's !!! heard people slag gary calling him a puppy peddaler, but the coursing world owe's him, a big hand of gratitude, for having the foresight to buy these dogs in when their running careers were over and breed from them and to keep breeding them !!!! R.I.P. GAZ

Just out of interest mate was the "other advert for three cracking bitch pup's a Tamworth phone number 0827........?

Edited by carp777
THIS WAS THE LAST LITTER I HEARD OF FROM ROOSTER AROUND 93???? THIS WAS THE ONLY BITCH IN THE LITTER BUT I REFUSED AS I WANTED A BITCH, THAT DECISION HAS BEEN ON MY MIND EVER SINCE :doh:IMG_0005-1.jpg Edited by optimus

Hare Killers

Tel G****. On*****

Coursing Men.

Tel*****

And...

Tel******** Lancs.

the first advert is gary from leicster, who "made" the merlin x eve line of dog's !!! heard people slag gary calling him a puppy peddaler, but the coursing world owe's him, a big hand of gratitude, for having the foresight to buy these dogs in when their running careers were over and breed from them and to keep breeding them !!!! R.I.P. GAZ

Just out of interest mate was the "other advert for three cracking bitch pup's a Tamworth phone number 0827........?

It was mate, yes :thumbs:

Hare Killers

Tel G****. On*****

Coursing Men.

Tel*****

And...

Tel******** Lancs.

russ bred the first merlin x eve litter which produced a smooth cream bitch called ghost, the best dog i saw out of all the merlin x eve stuff bar none, sold to j.g. for top dollar.

the dee bitch was bred out of a fly x hoover bitch and ivors white dog, and did 3 out 3 often

Hare Killers

Tel G****. On*****

Coursing Men.

Tel*****

And...

Tel******** Lancs.

russ bred the first merlin x eve litter which produced a smooth cream bitch called ghost, the best dog i saw out of all the merlin x eve stuff bar none, sold to j.g. for top dollar.

the dee bitch was bred out of a fly x hoover bitch and ivors white dog, and did 3 out 3 often

ive got a pic of her 24 at the shoulder a tight running bitch with gears same style as pippa martins rebel x eve bitch qaulity animals did u see a pippa run gonzales

Hare Killers

Tel G****. On*****

Coursing Men.

Tel*****

And...

Tel******** Lancs.

ive got a pic of her 24 at the shoulder a tight running bitch with gears same style as pippa martins rebel x eve bitch qaulity animals did u see a pippa run gonzales

saw martins rooster and bow, matched bow once, think it was a draw, long time ago, don`t remember pippa