shotgun selling process

hi as stated i am selling my shotgun to another member on this site, i just wondered if someone could give me some info on the process ( filling out certs ect) as ive never done this before.

thanks and all the best

adam

Adam, A= Date of sale B=State Sold or Given C= Type [s/S OR O/U]MAKE [AYA]Serial No123456 D=Name & Address of person selling Gun. E=Your Shotgun Certificate number F= Signature & Date.

And send a letter to your Firearms officer informing him that you sold your Shotgun to ? and tell the person that bought it to do like wise, hope i have not confused you to much.

Wullie.

so i fill out a line on my certificate too then just the same as the dealer did on mine when i brought it but with his name and address?

Also you both need to send a covering letter to your regional Firearms office stating that you have either sold 'and placed into the permanent keeping' or 'taken permanent ownership of' the 'so and so' shotgun.

Assuming you don't both live in the same county/police area this will tie loose ends.

You don't need to send your cert's off, just cross the gun off yours and add it to his, your regional Police Firearms office will adjust the records accordingly.

AndyF

as colster says( i "sold" one to my brother yesterday). i filled in the section on his cert and wrote a letter to the firearms dept. as far as i'm aware nothing needs doing to mine. the feo is coming this week si i'll check with him and let you know if i've messed up :whistling:

NEVER write on your own cert.

YOU fill the new owners cert in , as in the boxes & what it asks above, date , sold, serial No, your name adress , signature ..etc

& post a written letter to your F.L.O stating you sold the gun to ......... with his details . Within 7 days.

easy :thumbs: