whippet x irish terrier

just got myself a whippet x irish terrier(very similar to wheaten terrier), he is 3 months old and 13" tts..do you think this is normal size?..and what size you think he will make?..do you think this cross will be good on rabbits?

thanks alot for reading this post and would to see your replys and any info or tips would be great as it is my first lurchersmile.gif

craig

Edited by craigheff

just got myself a whippet x irish terrier(very similar to wheaten terrier), he is 3 months old and 13" tts..do you think this is normal size?..and what size you think he will make?..do you think this cross will be good on rabbits?

thanks alot for reading this post and would to see your replys and any info or tips would be great as it is my first lurchersmile.gif

craig

Did you get your pup off Done Deal ?

they look a nice litter of pups and are 1/4 irish terrier arnt they ?

craig

Did you get your pup off Done Deal ?

they look a nice litter of pups and are 1/4 irish terrier arnt they ?

yes mate i did mine is the one with the white face..yes 1/4 terrier...

the irish terrier is a lovey breed game but tall, too tall really for fox around here. more biddable than the kerry blue. and th whippet is a cracking little dog. so a first cross should be an ideal rabbit dog and at twelve weeks 13" is ok it will probably end up betwen 19 and 23" jut depending on the parents. i once had a jack russell that would catch more rabbits than my lurcher she used to hammer the bunnies in cover. the irish terrier isnt a popular show breed which must count for something. train your pup well

i am also doin my leaving cert but really wanted a decent rabbiting dog..they are really well looked after and in great condition..i will defo keep you updated on the progress of my pup and cant wait until he is ready for work..hopefully he will turn out well

craig

Very smart looking dog, had a quick look at the picture, have a read of the doc below, might help you out with the training.

All the best with the pup.

A beginners guide for beginners.doc