Eagle Owl decoy

Has anybody tried using a large Owl decoy to attract Crows into shotgun range?

As the shooting seasons are now draining out from under our feet I thought I'd like to try something

different to fill the time.

I don't like shooting Foxes (Vixens) when there are young in the earth, (they can wait till later in the year),

so the Crows/Magpies are going to get it.

Has anyone any tips hints on the above, I have .22 Rimfire and 22.250 Centrefire to deal with any that sit out of range, but what about getting them inside 40 yards?

AndyF

i recently baught an american eagle decoy and used with some sucess. i put it out and hid im my ghillie suit and the crows where coming over making a right racket but not properly "mobbing" the decoy. we also tried a dead rabbit and a dead crow (seperately) in front of the decoy, they hated the dead crow in front!. i think that it mite have been a bit big, as they would'nt go really close to it and they defo could'nt see us. i may be wrong and will try again soon to see what happens. i think ill order a little owl and try that and see how that goes. we ended up with 4 on the day no not too bad.

Edited by tomburras

i can't see too many of them landing to give you a chance to shoot safely with a .22lr or 22-250 you be better off getting a variation for a fac shotgun that way they don't need to fully commit to it you can get them in flight, and you can give pigeon shooting a go too, just tell your feo that the farmer want's you to sort the pigeons out. and a variation is quicker than applying for shotgun ticket