trigger kit help

i was advised (by a gunsmith) last week not to fit trigger kits but instead to stone the working parts.

the problem being( according to the smith) is that you have to drivr out a pin,this will often be bent and causes the sear to not sit properly and therefore potenetially making the rifle unsafe.

stoning the trigger assembly and "full service", mirror polishing the bolt comes in at £35.00 which i think is very reasonable(a trigger kit costs around 15-20 quid at a guess????).

i will not "mess" with stuff i know little or nothing about that concern safety( car brakes,guns rifles,the kids sweet jar......)

this may be a load of sales patter but it made sense to me and my rifle will be there as soon as i get chance.

i'm sure someone who fits their own brakes will tell you "its easy and do it yourself".

yis

waidmann

I have one in my HMR with a medium tube on it which makes for more than adequate trigger pressure. I deem it safe and has never gone off without being asked to but I can see your point and the gunsmiths'.

Which reminds me, I need to fire the rifle :laugh: Been out of action for the winter....

i was advised (by a gunsmith) last week not to fit trigger kits but instead to stone the working parts.

the problem being( according to the smith) is that you have to drivr out a pin,this will often be bent and causes the sear to not sit properly and therefore potenetially making the rifle unsafe.

stoning the trigger assembly and "full service", mirror polishing the bolt comes in at £35.00 which i think is very reasonable(a trigger kit costs around 15-20 quid at a guess????).

i will not "mess" with stuff i know little or nothing about that concern safety( car brakes,guns rifles,the kids sweet jar......)

this may be a load of sales patter but it made sense to me and my rifle will be there as soon as i get chance.

i'm sure someone who fits their own brakes will tell you "its easy and do it yourself".

yis

waidmann

Yes Sales patter and a load of cobblers.

The 'Brooks' CZ trigger kit is VERY good it improves the trigger 100% and a modest 'Muppet' can install it with no problem.

The 'Gunsmith' might be right if it was still 1965 and the best gun in town was a dreadful 'Tractorial' Parker Hale abomination.

But it is not, the trigger kit just replaces the trigger tension spring with a 'thinner' less powerful one and applies a spacer to take up 'slack' in the trigger sear clearance. If you have no idea what I mean any decent gunshop will put the £20 kit in for another £20, do it.

yis

waidmann

Yes Sales patter and a load of cobblers.

The 'Brooks' CZ trigger kit is VERY good it improves the trigger 100% and a modest 'Muppet' can install it with no problem.

The 'Gunsmith' might be right if it was still 1965 and the best gun in town was a dreadful 'Tractorial' Parker Hale abomination.

But it is not, the trigger kit just replaces the trigger tension spring with a 'thinner' less powerful one and applies a spacer to take up 'slack' in the trigger sear clearance. If you have no idea what I mean any decent gunshop will put the £20 kit in for another £20, do it.

I would tend to agree with the above but would hope you can still get a Brooks kit for a bit under £20.

In addition, the length of pull and trigger weight options are considerable.

It is not a difficult operation to fit with fairly basic tools but plenty of advice will be available here and on the web to help if needed.

It's a funny old world, my CZ .22lr and original CZ .22WMR still have original triggers and are perfectly acceptable, my CZ HMR was terrible, and then when I recently traded my CZ WMR for a new CZ WMR the trigger was not good either, the HMR and WMR were transformed for just a few ££££. If your CZ has a bad trigger I have to suggest a Brooks kit is probably the best £10 (ish) you will ever invest on any rifle!! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker