chippers nell

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why do people pick faults with other peoples dogs if it aint a problem to the owner in this case CHIPPER whats the problem the only person a dog as to please is the owner no one else

Just lately there has been a few posts where people, (usually newcomers), have been having a pop at some of the genuine dog lads ! Why ? I don't know, but it will be a sad day and a worse site if the

Thanks for the very kind words lads. Its a shame people have to crab others dogs, more so when the crabber hasnt seen them! If one "BIGS" his or her dog up at whatever it is they are used for then t

Posted Images

Merlin with his Mother Nell watch over a set of holes.

post-11010-126504123614_thumb.jpg

Lurchers, I dont know where your coming from because most of what you said isnt right, yes its true that Merlin gives the odd yap while on a some rabbits. But you have never seen my dogs work so how can you coment on how good or bad they are. As far as me being a good promiser goes, well I think your memory is failing you or there has been a mis-understanding! I PMd you about six months ago with my phone number so that you could call me when your son was able to come for a days rabbiting with me!! The offer still stands, you and your Son can come and see for yourself weather my dogs are any good at their work! Your wrong when you said that other Lurchers which I have bred have been easier to trian than this litter we are on about. Well how can they be when this is the only litter of Lurchers I have ever bred in my life. How do you know if Merlin is come on well or not, its six months since I sent you that PM!! Come and see my dogs for your self Lurchers, you and your Son are both welcome for a look out, I'm sure you both will have a good day.

I am happy with Merlin, he is and always has been a pleasure to work with. He is very steady and laid back, a very good hunter and marker. He has been known to mark some burries like ther was a bunny just under his nose! He takes a lot of game out of their seats but I have stopped him bringing Pheasants to me, some keepers dont like it! Merlin has retrieved a couple of shot hares, he hasnt seen many more than that. He didnt do to bad retrieving a shot fox, he is also doing very well at tracking wounded Roe. He as just started on the lamp and been out a couple of times. What more can I say about the young dog, if we can forgive him having the odd yip I think he is coming on very well!! Merlin is the only Lurcher I have owned that gives mouth. Some Pointer Xs can yip, plus when he is with my Hounds he thinks he is one. Regards Warren

sorry i havnt got back to you chipper as the internet has been down and got fixed today.as for the pm you sent nearly a year ago was replyed if i remember right saying i will see you at the show which i did.at the show my son gave you his number to ring him when you were ready to as it has been 3 near 4 yrs when you promised him but you must of lost his number.as for me seeing ya dogs work i have only seen them on dvds and yes your footage is great [action start to finish]like it should be.like the offer you gave me i kindly declined did i not but you said you would contact my son.like i said to you a the show its me who gets it in the lug off people who promise him things and dont turn up but like i said to him dont rely on anybody.ithink he has got to the stage that he is not bothered about going with you but if you want pm me and i will send you his number but again thanks for the offer i will have a bit crack with you at the shows as i dont hold grudges and like i said you are a good genuine lad and i can only tell people about your dogs what you and other people tell me but watching dvds dont make any dog look excellent but i no yours do what you say they do.atb

as for the rest of the comments off all the others if you read what i put the pup that chipper bred what a mate has got is coming on brill the way yous are saying it is as if ive said his dogs are sh.t so you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.yes chipper is a good bloke and like myself says it as it is which people dont like but from what i have seen on his dvds which i will say again they are brill the other dogs catch just as much as neel but the way yous are saying its the best thing since slice bread ,but if its wrong to say average chipper i will apologise ifor that mastake as thatsb my opinion so sorry for saying my opinion and good luck with ya pups.as i will only say what mine as done and never bigger them

when he is with my Hounds he thinks he is one. Regards Warren

Nice one Chipper you have been in yhe game long enough not to have to justify yourself to anyone on here

Edited by lat

A couple of pictures from today. Young Merlin is coming nicely.

post-11010-126557324076_thumb.jpg

[Thanks for your reply "Lurchers" I will give your lad a call and see if I can give him a good day on the rabbits. "Lurchers" please dont opologise for what is your opinion! We are all entitled to have an opinion. I wish you hadnt formed your opinion on a hours worth of DVD. Nell is coming up seven years old and for three seasons she was worked on rabbit infested land three and sometimes four times a week without a net in sight!. Some weeks she was catching 100 plus rabbits and she was still mad keen for more. I'm not trying to big her up because of the numbers she caught, I'm proud of her because she went day in day out with hardley any injuries and still mad keen for the job! Because of the huge numbers she has caught doesnt make her any better than the dog who who only catches three or four because thats all there is to catch! Nell has a easy season this time around and if she never catches another rabbit I can honestly say that she has well and truly been tested. Any dog can have a bad day and there is nothing rong with saying its had a bad day but after all the hard graft I have seen Nell do I think I can honestly judge her as a good'un. Regards Warren

Edited by warren

A couple of pictures from today. Young Merlin is coming nicely.

post-11010-126557324076_thumb.jpg

[Thanks for your reply "Lurchers" I will give your lad a call and see if I can give him a good day on the rabbits. "Lurchers" please dont opologise for what is your opinion! We are all entitled to have an opinion. I wish you hadnt formed your opinion on a hours worth of DVD. Nell is coming up seven years old and for three seasons she was worked on rabbit infested land three and sometimes four times a week without a net net in sight!. Some weeks she was catching 100 plus rabbits and she was still mad keen for more. I'm not trying to big her up because of the numbers she caught, I'm proud of her because she went day in day out with hardley any injories and still mad keen for the job! Because of the huge numbers she has caught doesnt make her any better than dog who who only catches three or four because thats all there is to catch! Nell has had a easy season this time around and if she never catches another rabbit I can honestly say that she has has well and truly been tested. Any dog can have a bad day and there is nothing rong with saying its had a bad day but after all the hard graft I have seen Nell do I think I can honestly judge her as a good'un. Regards Warren

An honest opinion ,from an honest guy. :thumbs:

Just tried to send you a PM inan, just wanted to say thanks in private but it says I cant send you a message. Regards Warren

No thanks needed ,just telling the truth . :thumbs:

I was out with my rabbiting partner Magwitch today,the black and tan dog in his post. "Out Dogging" ,is my fella ,no world beater ,but he suits me.

We only caught 10 ,but as you say,you can only catch what's there.

Magwitch's little whippet/ beddie invariably beats him to the punch ,but thats what he's bred for.

Ninety percent of those who slag people who put pics up of their dogs never post anything themselves, they get their kicks from putting others down.Not worth responding to them Chipper. ATB Inan.

Edited by inan

people will always knock others,look at the threads about coursing dogs on here and all the arguing that gets done.

chipper has been kind enough to take me out rabbiting and out with his bobbery pack and i enjoyed it all.cheers chipper :thumbs:

GAWD CHIPPER ,

YOU COULD CAUSE AN ARGUEMENT IN AN EMPTY HOUSE MATE :rofl:

THINK WE HAVE ALL MELLOWED WITH AGE CHIP WHEN IT COMES TO THE DOGS AND OUR PERSPECTIVE OF THEM .......

HELL AT ONE TIME I WAS SO OBCESSED WITH A SMALL FAULT IN A DOG I COULDNT SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE ...... FACT WAS IT WAS OUT CATCHING EVERY OTHER MUTT WE WALKED OUT WITH .... AND ..... TO MY ETERNAL SHAME ........... IT WAS MY BETTER HALF THAT POINTED THAT FACT OUT TO ME IN NO UNCERTAIN MANNER !! .......... NOT THAT SHE BRINGS IT UP ALL THESE YRS LATER :glare:

YEP ................ ITS GOOD TO TAKE A LOOK FROM THE OUTSIDE AT TIMES ............

MERLIN ? ........... WELL .......... HES GOT ONE HELL OF A NAME TO LIVE UP TO ! ...... AND FROM WHAT IVE HEARD HES WELL ON THE WAY IN FULFILLING HIS ROLE AS A VALUED PART OF YOUR TEAM OF JACK OF ALL TRADES , NOPE YOU FELLAS AINT CATCHING ME OUT SAYING ALLROUNDER ... HELL NO !

ALL I CAN SAY CHIPPER IS THERE AINT MANY FELLAS STILL MAD KEEN ON THE DOGS AFTER ALL YER YEARS IN THE GAME

HATS OFF TO YOU OLD FRIEND

DUCKWING :big_boss:

as for the rest of the comments off all the others if you read what i put the pup that chipper bred what a mate has got is coming on brill the way yous are saying it is as if ive said his dogs are sh.t so you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.yes chipper is a good bloke and like myself says it as it is which people dont like but from what i have seen on his dvds which i will say again they are brill the other dogs catch just as much as neel but the way yous are saying its the best thing since slice bread ,but if its wrong to say average chipper i will apologise ifor that mastake as thatsb my opinion so sorry for saying my opinion and good luck with ya pups.as i will only say what mine as done and never bigger them

Hi "Lurchers" I would be interested to know which one of your mates has a pup from me and which pup it is? See if your mate wont join this thread and put a picture of his pup up! I cant think which pup it might be, I can only think of three, four with mine which are fairly local, all the rest went to different parts of the country. Anyway it would be nice to see which one it is! Regards warren

canny bloke but as usual a bit of a promiser and his dogs arnt bad but the pup he kept back yaps abit.at the end of the day they are average sorry to say no affence warren atb and a lad i know his is a bit boistourius

dont no about him being a promiser because he's never promised me anything and i take people as i find them not what others tell me there like, and he's never said his dog does'nt yap a bit he published it for all to read in edrd does'nt make it a bad dog, infact in cover you no your dogs on and as for saying there average i take it you've seen it work because mine has never embarressed me but he's embarressed others thats why i put the post up to see how the others have turned out not peoples oppinions on the man or his dogs, perhaps the lad you know has let his dog get away with being boisterous you didnt say how it works?

if a lurcher yap for me i give it back you know thats he on what about the other rabbits in the area they also know you comeing

I've only just seen this thread and I just wanted to say that I haven't met Chipper, but he offered me a pup off his last litter, which at the time I wasn't in a postition to take: oh regrets!! Wish I'd been able to, but we spoke at length on several ocassions about working dogs of all sorts and Chipper never once bigged his dogs up or tried to make out they were perfect. To be honest, I've never spoken to anyone who is more enthusiastic about his dogs and their work: and I truly look forward to making the trip oop north some day to continue the craic. All the best with your dogs Chipper.

why do people pick faults with other peoples dogs if it aint

a problem to the owner in this case CHIPPER whats the problem

the only person a dog as to please is the owner no one else thumbs.gif

[/quot

true mate but it does matter when selling pups out of them