chippers nell

Chipper, fair play to you pal, you have given an honest account of your young dog Merlin, there is always someone who has to come out with uncalled remarks about people and their dogs, i had someone on another site the other week coming out with similar uncalled for remarks about myself and my old dog Kim, there is alot of bitterness and jealousy in the dog world as we all know,and theres always someone out there to knock you, you know the shit whats been said about Typp and myself,and our dogs, so you can see were i,m coming from Chipper. regards collie john.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why do people pick faults with other peoples dogs if it aint a problem to the owner in this case CHIPPER whats the problem the only person a dog as to please is the owner no one else

Just lately there has been a few posts where people, (usually newcomers), have been having a pop at some of the genuine dog lads ! Why ? I don't know, but it will be a sad day and a worse site if the

Thanks for the very kind words lads. Its a shame people have to crab others dogs, more so when the crabber hasnt seen them! If one "BIGS" his or her dog up at whatever it is they are used for then t

Posted Images

i class chipper as a friend,he is as straight as a die.if his dogs have a fault he ll tell you.ive seen merlin and his pack work and he is 1st class.he knows them little hounds find his quarry and he watches them like a hawk.if he was head strong he d be gone all the time would he not.i would gladly make room for him,hope your reading this chipper :whistling: .lurchers all i can say,is dont listen to chat,go and see for yourself mate,you ll enjoy the day,the company and the craic :thumbs:

i know warren well the bitch i took him for her when she was a pup she is out of jake who i owned who was out of warrens bob the mother was out of the same breeding as my old dog rocky this is probarly were the head strong comes in there are very head strong out of that breeding when i took warren for nell my mate kept the dog warren ada choice of three he picked nell hese all ways been sound with me as i have with him if hese happy thats all that matters cheers

the first time i met chipper was when i went to pick up my pup and i found him to be a nice bloke that says it how it is ther's no use fannying cos you only get found out, iv'e spoke to him on the phone a couple of times to let him know how my dogs getting on always been pleasant and always got time for a chat my dog has made everything he said he would and more, the way some people were talking you'd think they'd seen his dogs working?

cheers albert

I consider myself very lucky, and extremely grateful for my pup off chipper. She has been an absolute pleasure to work and keeps suprising me all the time. I can echo the same qualities of exeptional nose, marking and hunting ability. Took to ferreting like a duck to water at a young age, and has shown that she will be far more than just a ferreting dog.

Chipper is a gentleman I hold in very high regard.... if im half the dog-man he is, im happy man :notworthy::thumbs:

Just lately there has been a few posts where people, (usually newcomers), have been having a pop at some of the genuine dog lads ! Why ? I don't know, but it will be a sad day and a worse site if the genuine lads just say fcuk it, and stop posting.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I consider myself very lucky, and extremely grateful for my pup off chipper. She has been an absolute pleasure to work and keeps suprising me all the time. I can echo the same qualities of exeptional nose, marking and hunting ability. Took to ferreting like a duck to water at a young age, and has shown that she will be far more than just a ferreting dog.

Chipper is a gentleman I hold in very high regard.... if im half the dog-man he is, im happy man :notworthy::thumbs:

this is why i started the topic to find out how the rest of the litter has turned out not for people to start giving negative comments about the man and his dogs terrible thing the green eyed monster, had a couple of pm's and they say the same great nose, huntability, brains etc mines done very well on other things also best of luck with yours mate

cheers albert

Thanks for the very kind words lads. Its a shame people have to crab others dogs, more so when the crabber hasnt seen them! If one "BIGS" his or her dog up at whatever it is they are used for then they should be prepared for some criticision if the dog is not what they say it is. On the other hand, who are we to crab the mans dog who does no more than thouroughly enjoy watching his dog work and sometimes tells of his more enjoyable days? I dont think I have ever BIGED my dogs up but I have on the odd ocacion said how good they are at this rabbiting game and I'm never afraid to let anyone come and see for themselves, most people will be made welcome! Regards Warren

• Like 1

I have one of the pups out of Nell and I'm very pleased with her so far. Skye hasn't seen as much game as I would have liked, but that's down to me not getting her out as much this winter as I should have due to a fair dose of bad luck that I will not bore you with.

My little merle bitch is about 21 inches(ish) and is a little flying machine. She's 'overshot' a lot of rabbits due to her flying at them and not combining her speed with a little more cunning. However, I've no doubt that this will come with time. I would far rather this than a dog that isn't a 'tryer'. I'm very much a novice with lurchers and Skye will probably teach me more than I'll teach her!

As for Chipper...well I work on the basis of 'speak as I find' and I've found Chipper to be an absolute gentleman and a massive help. Plus...I've seen his dogs work. When I went to collect Skye the hospitality offered to me was superb and the walk out with his mixed pack was cracking sport. I certainly would not describe any of Chipper's dogs as 'average'. As for being a 'promiser'....what a load of bollocks! I know I've an open invite to get Skye up to Chippers and he's been a source of much help to me on a whole range of dog matters.

Since my initial vist I've been keen to get a couple of hound crosses, that's an indication of how much fun I had with the pack. Having a kennel full of spaniels to train has meant that I've not been in a position to get a little pack as yet, but my hunting buddy has got four beagle pups. Chipper kindly offered use of Bud, his most experienced hound, for as long as we want to get these beagles going.

So... let's not judge people for the sake of it and remember that these forums would be far better if people worked by the old rule 'if you haven't got something nice to say, say feck all'.

Well said Mustelid,I have Know Chipper for well over 20yrs been out in all weathers with him either ferreting or just a good old mouch about

when I visit him I am always made welcome [the kettle is never cold at Chipper,s house].As for his dogs only been average that,s the biggest load of shit I have heard as for his pup yipping well so what if I had as much land to go on as Chipper has it would not bother me, like someone else has already said he wrote all about this in the december issue of EDRD if he had anything to hide would he not just keep his mouth shut? At the end of the day Chipper has worked dogs seriously for best part of 40yrs both [lurchers & terriers] and has probably forgot more about dogs then half the young,uns that hide behind a compute thinking they know it ALL

CHIPPER mate dont let the b@@@@@ds get to you

regards

Netmaker

true net maker your always made welcome when he lined nell he offered me a pup he didnt have to because when i got nell for him it was a gift with no string s attached hese ad ferrets off me ive ad em off him thats how it should be you should be able to help one another leave the fella alone and his dogs all the best in the rest of the season

Rocky4 he offered me a pup also but at the time i had no kennel room

same with the monkeys [ferrets]he,s had them from me & me from him

thats how like you say it should be, people that slate another

man/woman,s animals must have nothing better to do!

like you have said leave the man alone.

Thanks a lot lads, kind words indeed and I'm flattered, thankyou. Hopefully we can maybe find out how some of the other dogs and bitches are doing! I do know that some of the other pups are with people who arnt on the THL and I'm being totally honest when I tell you that I have had nothing but good reports about them. One dog, a red merle whent to a good good pal of mine, I dont want to mention his name in case he doesnt aprove, I concider this bloke to be as good a dog 'Lurcher' man as what I have ever came across and he often tells me that his young dog could be something special if he keeps going the way he is. Regards Warren