i got my pup on saturday i was expecting her to wine a bit, and she is, how long does this normally go on for or does is differ from dog to dog?? i dont mind that much its just the neighbours im worried about, as shes in the kennel now

Any help would be apreciated ;)

Edited by ferreterno1

i got my pup on saturday i was expecting her to wine a bit, and she is, how long does this normally go on for or does is differ from dog to dog?? i dont mind that much its just the neighbours im worried about, as shes in the kennel now

Any help would be apreciated ;)

Got my new pup last monday and hes find now woke me up brt 4 nights tht was it :good:

Give her a few days to settle mate..............if it persists then give her the water treatment.

Stand where she cant see you, and when she starts to whine, sling some water over her............they soon get the idea :yes:

JOEB

Most dogs settle down pretty quickly. No joke my pup whinged for months i always ignored him, tried the water trick none of it worked he just didn't want to be left on his own. In the end i had to get him an anti bark collar as the neighbours kept complaining and the council were getting onto us threatening us with eviction. The collar stopped him soon enough, but only at home i still cant leave him in the car for any amount of time or in my mates kennels. Funnily enough he has just started to bark again when left on his own so i think its time for a bit of a reminder with the collar. Joe

ive had a pup for six weeks and still its whinning doing me in it also had water be watching to see what help you get good luck

Most dogs settle down pretty quickly. No joke my pup whinged for months i always ignored him, tried the water trick none of it worked he just didn't want to be left on his own. In the end i had to get him an anti bark collar as the neighbours kept complaining and the council were getting onto us threatening us with eviction. The collar stopped him soon enough, but only at home i still cant leave him in the car for any amount of time or in my mates kennels. Funnily enough he has just started to bark again when left on his own so i think its time for a bit of a reminder with the collar. Joe

ive had a pup for six weeks and still its whinning doing me in it also had water be watching to see what help you get good luck

all being well your pup should settle in shortly,all of people dont realise how traumatic it can be for a young pup to be took from it,s litter brothers and sisters and its very stressfull and alien to them when they are put into a kennel on their own,give it a teddy for company and to occupy it also if it persists put a radio on in it,s kennel it,s surprising how this works. regards collie john.

all being well your pup should settle in shortly,all of people dont realise how traumatic it can be for a young pup to be took from it,s litter brothers and sisters and its very stressfull and alien to them when they are put into a kennel on their own,give it a teddy for company and to occupy it also if it persists put a radio on in it,s kennel it,s surprising how this works. regards collie john.

Thanks Ill try that tomorrow

nice looking pup mate where did you get it from?????????? looks abit like the ones i bred

i bought her from phil haynes of poachers pocket lurchers.

i had a radio, and still still winged, ive got in doors now for a few weeks the vet said she shouldnt be in her kennel until at least 4 months old, also another reason shes now indoors is the neighbours complained as she woke them up at 4.30 :icon_eek:

Give the pup time to settle in, it's not long been removed from dam and littermates. Give it something soft and warm, radio very quiet. Being outside all alone will make her worse, my pups stay indoors until at least 6 months old and gradually introduced to the kennel. Just ignore any whining, if you go down and tell her to be quiet she will think 'hey great i get attention when i do this'.

Why not get a crate and put her in your room at night, gradually put her on your landing, then down the stairs, then the kitchen or whatever, do this over a period of weeks and she should settle, always worked for me. :D

Picked up 2 pups on Friday nite and on the way home they never shut up and i was thinking that it was gonna be a very sleepless few nites but once i got them outta the car and into there pen they havnt cried since thank god. Always a good idea to take another 1 for company.

nice looking pup mate where did you get it from?????????? looks abit like the ones i bred

i had a radio, and still still winged, ive got in doors now for a few weeks the vet said she shouldnt be in her kennel until at least 4 months old, also another reason shes now indoors is the neighbours complained as she woke them up at 4.30 :icon_eek:

Calm down mate...

A working lurcher is a valuable aquasition,..its worth taking your time on.

Give it plenty of affection...Treat it like a babeeeey,....

Use your noddle, try and make it feel secure and safe within your pack...

All the best,...Chalkwarren... ;)

Calm down mate...

A working lurcher is a valuable aquasition,..its worth taking your time on.

Give it plenty of affection...Treat it like a babeeeey,....

Use your noddle, try and make it feel secure and safe within your pack...

All the best,...Chalkwarren... ;)

Sound advice there. ;)

Picked up 2 pups on Friday nite and on the way home they never shut up and i was thinking that it was gonna be a very sleepless few nites but once i got them outta the car and into there pen they havnt cried since thank god. Always a good idea to take another 1 for company.

Not always a good idea to take on 2 pups from the same litter at all. They will bond with one another and not you, so training them is harder and they end up being inseperable OR as they grow and mature, they will start fighting each other for pack order, but being from the same litter they will more than likely be the same size and strength, so they clash, i never advise 2 at the same time from the same litter. ;)

Dear Agony Aunt :(

I married my Missus ten years ago and she's still whining, tried the water trick and everything, had a right job getting the bark collar on her, even tried getting another bitch to move in to keep her company she hit the roof with that one and started whining even more. :11: :11: :11:

Bandit :D