what fox call do you use?

right then people i have just ordered a spanking tikka T3 lite in 6.5x55 as my new set up, so as soon as my variation is through i'm out stalking and foxing ASAP! :gunsmilie:

so i have just bought a fox call from this chap:

http://www.foxcalluk.co.uk/

who owns one and what other calls do you have???

PS: i can squeak on the hand but when they start coming in my mouth dries up and it all goes to crap! :wallbash:

• Like 1

i use the wam call to good affect very easy to use the only thing with them is they are a bit soft and if you squash them a bit they dont work,was tolled that you can make aa fox caller like the one you orderd using an old wooden clothes peg brake it in half and put the two flat sides together with a piece of casset tape inbetween them and tape the ends,i havent tried it tho :gunsmilie:

• Like 1

A couple of them. My mate has an electronic one that will call some in. I can call using the back of my hand and also have a vixen mating call and various others on my phone. Truth is there is no holy grail of callers. Foxes are wild animals that will come if the sound is interesting to them at that point in time wallbash.gif

• Like 1

I use one of the foxcalluk calls and they work well....as long as no-one else has one in your area! :D I also use various mp3 calls on a cd in the car and on a mobile that I just leave in a field and phone it when charlie is nearby. All work to varying degrees of success, I think it is really down to the time of year you are calling and the age of the fox.

• Like 1

I use one of the foxcalluk calls and they work well....as long as no-one else has one in your area! :D I also use various mp3 calls on a cd in the car and on a mobile that I just leave in a field and phone it when charlie is nearby. All work to varying degrees of success, I think it is really down to the time of year you are calling and the age of the fox.

I call Grey Fox , Bobcats, Coyotes and Mt Lions I use hand calls and electronic callers. I like the digital electronic callers because of the sound selections. Fox and Bobcat have a very short attention span. Changing the sound triggers their prey drive. I call continuosly and by changing the sound every 2 to 4 minutes produce more Fox and Bobcats. I like the Pilated Woodpecker distress and other bird distress sounds mixed in with rabbit distress sounds. Wildlife Technologies has the best sound library and E-callers in my opinion.

As far as hand calls go I like the Primos line of calls. Dont knock it till you try it.... Thanks SGS :big_boss:

• Like 1

The main trouble with squeaking from the back of your hand is the movement of your hand from your mouth to the rifle, can be enough time for a wary fox to start moving again.

It was a foxcalluk that I was using when we called those foxes in real close when I was down yours. They can work well but can be hard to blow when your biting down hard on it (to make a higher squeal).

I keep meaning to buy a WAM call as these are smaller and easier to use. The guy I go shooting with uses one to good effect.

• Like 1

i have found the fox caller uk to work well. just lately tho ive been going for the hare sound with it. if you bite it the pitch go's higher if you lightly bite it the pich is deep like a hare. on some nights it calls the owls in to lol

right then people i have just ordered a spanking tikka T3 lite in 6.5x55 as my new set up, so as soon as my variation is through i'm out stalking and foxing ASAP! :gunsmilie:

PS: i can squeak on the hand but when they start coming in my mouth dries up and it all goes to crap! :wallbash:

I have a 'Foxpro' remote control caller, I bought it in America, but you can get it here.

YES it's the best thing out there! the remote works up to 700 yards so after all my previous experience with mouth blown calls, and a heap of dead foxes, it's still beats the competion into a pulp.

The main advantage over 'personal' calls is that 'YOU' are not the scource of the squeeking, the scource is were you decide it will be, so you can hide up in a convenient spot sighting the Foxpro in an equally convenient location, then press button 'a' to activate the call and wait for the action to start.

This has to be the best caller I have ever seen/used I have shot dozens of Foxes in the last 2 years over mine.

Only 'minor' snag is it will cost you close on £300 or so!

Best of luck Andy F.

• Like 1

I have a 'Foxpro' remote control caller, I bought it in America, but you can get it here.

YES it's the best thing out there! the remote works up to 700 yards so after all my previous experience with mouth blown calls, and a heap of dead foxes, it's still beats the competion into a pulp.

The main advantage over 'personal' calls is that 'YOU' are not the scource of the squeeking, the scource is were you decide it will be, so you can hide up in a convenient spot sighting the Foxpro in an equally convenient location, then press button 'a' to activate the call and wait for the action to start.

This has to be the best caller I have ever seen/used I have shot dozens of Foxes in the last 2 years over mine.

Only 'minor' snag is it will cost you close on £300 or so!

Best of luck Andy F.

Hi Andy, what model Foxpro unit did you buy?? I do alot of duck shooting I presume you can up load duck calls??