ferreting in south wales

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good to know im not the only one then lol its true you got to travel to get some descent sport these days how about ratting any of you guys do it and if so any results?

Hi Pritchy yea I`ve got to travel to get any good numbers of rabbits but just before xmas me and a couple of mates took 100 rats of a farm in Brecon in 2 trips, 60 the first time and about 45 the second, we were still digging pnkies the week before xmas. we now have permision on another three farms and we can take what ever we want, cheers

I live near Aberaeron and we normally get about 10+ out ferreting. Then we just normally lamp the farms after the first trip ferreting.

A mate of mine lives in ffos-y-fin, plenty of rabbits around there fella :thumbs:

The smart ones stay in sight of the police station too :whistling:

Haha, iv long netted that place many times. LOTS of rabbits there, also i have permission behind there where the cliffs are and we get some good numbers there too.

good to know im not the only one then lol its true you got to travel to get some descent sport these days how about ratting any of you guys do it and if so any results?

Hi Pritchy yea I`ve got to travel to get any good numbers of rabbits but just before xmas me and a couple of mates took 100 rats of a farm in Brecon in 2 trips, 60 the first time and about 45 the second, we were still digging pnkies the week before xmas. we now have permision on another three farms and we can take what ever we want, cheers

[/quotte

hey red good going on the rats mate how many terriers were you using mate and what method of shifting the rats did you use?

for a laugh who evers out the weekend put your tally up on here at the end of the day and it will be intresting between the lot of us the total will be :boogie:

[/quotte

hey red good going on the rats mate how many terriers were you using mate and what method of shifting the rats did you use?

for a laugh who evers out the weekend put your tally up on here at the end of the day and it will be intresting between the lot of us the total will be :boogie:

it was 4 or 5 terriers and my mates lurcher, we got the smoker going but I think the best way is to dig them out,had 10 again on sunday with my 2 terriers, bolted a few with the ferrets as well, great funmate

post-11107-126467798766_thumb.jpg

thats what a day out is all about aint it!!! well im out tomorrow up lampeter leavin at 6 :icon_eek: will let you know the tally at the end of the day and i think we shooting a few pigeons and crows for the farmer any excuse to break the shotguns out haha :boogie:

I live near Aberaeron and we normally get about 10+ out ferreting. Then we just normally lamp the farms after the first trip ferreting.

A mate of mine lives in ffos-y-fin, plenty of rabbits around there fella :thumbs:

The smart ones stay in sight of the police station too :whistling:

Haha, iv long netted that place many times. LOTS of rabbits there, also i have permission behind there where the cliffs are and we get some good numbers there too.

The farm that runs down to the cliffs further on is running alive with them too, it's split by the footpath at the bottom.

The warrens on top of the cliffs are a bit iffy there mate, the holes come out into the face of it don't they :thumbdown:

well guys was a lot of work but not much reward we ended up with 4 and a squirrel lol ive never experienced wind like it!!! it rained,snowed and a bit of sunshine but thats why ilove hunting you never know what your gonna experience or catch all the best pritchy

im from aberdare and there's not much around here :wallbash:

Atb

mate of mine playes golf on aberdare golf corse and reckons theres loads of rabbits on ther

,ate of yours is talking brown :icon_redface::icon_redface:

there is a good few there but the cover is thick you be lucky to get 6