Patterdale Pup (7 Months)

Couple of pics from the weekend of Jess my Patterdale bitch on a huge rabbit which was bolted with my ferret & caught outside the hole, she had her first one last weekend & this is her second rabbit :clapper:

good going rich ,she startin to take shape now looks just like penny ,keep her at em :thumbs:that banking looks like it may hold a redun or too watch her for going to ground it wont be long now :)

Edited by dog fox

Hello mate, cheers for the advice, i do keep a very close eye on her especially when out in unknown territory, she has shown interest in a few fox holes so i do keep her on the lead, also chased a couple of foxes above ground into cover, wont be entering her to fox tho until shes matured a bit & at least 12-18 months, dont want to ruin her & im in no rush. Thanks, Rich :thumbs:

Hello mate, cheers for the advice, i do keep a very close eye on her especially when out in unknown territory, she has shown interest in a few fox holes so i do keep her on the lead, also chased a couple of foxes above ground into cover, wont be entering her to fox tho until shes matured a bit & at least 12-18 months, dont want to ruin her & im in no rush. Thanks, Rich :thumbs:

just work her with locator on anyway, just in case :thumbs:

Alright hedz31 cheers for the advice, i would say your opinion would definitely be right mate if i just wanted a 100% earth dog for foxes but thats not what im after. I want her to be an all rounder from rats, rabbits, bushing etc & if she fancies a go at a fox along the way i wont stand in her way, suppose its "horses for courses" really & have no doubt some terrier men may frown upon it but at the moment shes doing her job well. I take her out with my harris hawks & ferrets & she is working really hard at the moment flushing game & catching rabbits & is switching her hunting instinct on, shes going ratting next week so its all good experience for her & will help build her confidence & fitness up & i will gradually enter her to larger quarry rather than just throwing her in with a fox. Boojet, am gonna start putting collar on her when shes out now just in case she dissapears down a hole. CarraghsGem about her breeding, sire was Nutall bred dog & dam has plenty of history & top lines in her blood, parents both 100% earth dogs with plenty of digs to fox under their belts. Cheers, Rich

Alright hedz31 cheers for the advice, i would say your opinion would definitely be right mate if i just wanted a 100% earth dog for foxes but thats not what im after. I want her to be an all rounder from rats, rabbits, bushing etc & if she fancies a go at a fox along the way i wont stand in her way, suppose its "horses for courses" really & have no doubt some terrier men may frown upon it but at the moment shes doing her job well. I take her out with my harris hawks & ferrets & she is working really hard at the moment flushing game & catching rabbits & is switching her hunting instinct on, shes going ratting next week so its all good experience for her & will help build her confidence & fitness up & i will gradually enter her to larger quarry rather than just throwing her in with a fox. Boojet, am gonna start putting collar on her when shes out now just in case she dissapears down a hole. CarraghsGem about her breeding, sire was Nutall bred dog & dam has plenty of history & top lines in her blood, parents both 100% earth dogs with plenty of digs to fox under their belts. Cheers, Rich

all the best mate. it's better to be safe than sorry,might be sooner than you think,aye. :thumbs: