Nasty Incident

I had an 12g aya yeoman a few years back i did alot of clayshooting with it until the same problem happened to me :icon_eek: i took it to the gunsmith to get it serviced and replace any worn parts,when i got the gun back i had about 10 shots through it and it happened again :no: i lost all trust in the gun and would never ov felt safe using it again even if i took it back to the gunsmith, so i handed the gun in to be scrapped didn't want to give the gun a third chance :no: if your mate can get it changed get it changed

hi, ive got a investarm 20bore(folding)o/u,and mine has never failed,totaly reliable,

it is right by the way they work,you turn the lever on top once and that opens the

barrels,then continue pushing it round till it clicks and that cocks the gun ready

to fire.

if i was your mate,i would take it back to the same shop he bought it from and get

his money back,fair trading and all that!!!!

tillylamp.

I had this gun in 20bore, and the way it is cocked is the lever being pushed, this is what cocks the gun. And i have actually had on of the barrels do this, but only once, when i was clay shooting at my fathers. All i can say is, make sure he has cocked the gun, ( Pushed the lever until it will go no more) and then open the shotgun and take out the fired carts.

• 2 months later...

I read this post a few days before buying a 20 bore investarm, and was slightly concerned, but went ahead with the purchase anyway, now used it today for the first time, and after firing the first two carts, opened it without remembering to fully cock it, two new carts were put in and I was about to close, stiffness/not wanting to shut can be felt at this stage, and I therefore realised what I'd done wrong, fully cocked the gun and closed safely, so I would put this problem of both barrels firing, as user error, rather than gun error, as not only can you feel that something is not right, but you can then also look at the safety catch, as when cocked properly the catch automatically clicks into the "safe" position, but if you as the user, have not fully pushed the lever over to the 3 o' clock position, the safety button would still be in the "FIRE" position, from your last firing.

all in all I found this a smashing gun to use, went into the shoulder as though it was made for me, and very light to carry around whilst rough shooting, although its fully folding, the action is still stiff, so it can easily be carried over the shoulder or round the neck, :thumbs:

Hi All,

Went shooting with my friend this morning . He has just aquired a 2nd hand investarm folding O/U 410 from a gunshop. After firing both barrels at a pigeon he opened the gun , reloaded and closed the gun which immediately discharged both barrels into the ground in front of him. Frightening to say the least as I was about a metre from where the shot went in!

Closer inspection revealed that it was possible to open the gun with the top lever without cocking and resetting the firing pins. When he closed the gun both cartridges were fired by the protruding firing pins. He was able to replicate the problem again immediately.

It appears that the opening lever breaks the gun and a further movement of the lever actually cocks it.

My question is - is this normal ? I consider this gun to be faulty. Surely this isn't right. The gun should surely be cocked before the barrels open. I told him to take it back but he wants to stick with it.

Any opinions gratefully received.

Many Thanks,

Ff.

You should have wrapped it around the nearest straining post!!

Guest alastair

get a gun that a bit more better quality investarm are cheap budget scrap,baikal are cheap but reliable. :snack:

Ive always found, 9 times out of 10, a bad workman always blames the tools

if its a tool yeah ,but a gun is a different story buy cheap buy twice