slit pad on pup what should i do help please

You really need this to be checked by a vet, glass cuts can be very nasty so he will need to check there aren't any foreign bodies in the pad and then it will probably need stitched. Pads bleed like hell and can take some time to heal up. A greyhound near here recently had a recurring lameness problem, it turned out that there was some glass inside his paw from an old cut and obviously an operation was needed to sort it. Vetwrap (sticky bandages) are best for paws and legs as they stay on better.

You really need this to be checked by a vet, glass cuts can be very nasty so he will need to check there aren't any foreign bodies in the pad and then it will probably need stitched. Pads bleed like hell and can take some time to heal up. A greyhound near here recently had a recurring lameness problem, it turned out that there was some glass inside his paw from an old cut and obviously an operation was needed to sort it. Vetwrap (sticky bandages) are best for paws and legs as they stay on better.

chears for the reply i had the cut opend up and there aint nothing in it just a slice its stoped bleeding 2 and i have it nice and clean fink am going to go to the vets in the morning tho :thumbs:

You can use potassium permanganate . This is for cracked or splits in feet . You get this from the chemist at about £1 a bottle .These are crystals which can be put direct into the wound or you can dilute them in water . Either dip the pad into the solution or spray it on then leave it , do not rinse it off . The pads will heal up & harden up in know time .

chears for the reply i had the cut opend up and there aint nothing in it just a slice its stoped bleeding 2 and i have it nice and clean fink am going to go to the vets in the morning tho :thumbs:

No probs, good luck and I hope it heals up soon!

chears for the reply i had the cut opend up and there aint nothing in it just a slice its stoped bleeding 2 and i have it nice and clean fink am going to go to the vets in the morning tho thumbs.gif

If you're happy that there's nothing in it give it a good clean with salt water then get yersel up to Murray farmcare and get some cut heal liquid, follow the instructions and you'll find it'll be healed in no time at all.thumbs.gif

220b950b2b65e98e74599966f85ea937.jpg

chears for the reply i had the cut opend up and there aint nothing in it just a slice its stoped bleeding 2 and i have it nice and clean fink am going to go to the vets in the morning tho thumbs.gif

If you're happy that there's nothing in it give it a good clean with salt water then get yersel up to Murray farmcare and get some cut heal liquid, follow the instructions and you'll find it'll be healed in no time at all.thumbs.gif

220b950b2b65e98e74599966f85ea937.jpg

thanks for that tote its started healing fast just with salty water and cream am going to go up there and get some of that for the future :notworthy: