fingers crossed

very pleased that I rearranged my day to do this mole job, as its my first go at the little buggers, put a mixture of scissors,barrels and talpex down, mostly in the rear garden, but a few on the outside verge (private property)

Im presuming its more than one mole (correct me if Im wrong) but a small river seperates two areas of mole hills

post-5267-126391193564_thumb.jpg

post-5267-126391195912_thumb.jpg

post-5267-126391197987_thumb.jpg

very pleased that I rearranged my day to do this mole job, as its my first go at the little buggers, put a mixture of scissors,barrels and talpex down, mostly in the rear garden, but a few on the outside verge (private property)

Im presuming its more than one mole (correct me if Im wrong) but a small river seperates two areas of mole hills

post-5267-126391193564_thumb.jpg

post-5267-126391195912_thumb.jpg

post-5267-126391197987_thumb.jpg

looks like just one to me bud.

well I went back today to check the traps, one of the scissor traps on the outside verge had been sprung, and slightly pushed up/out, on checking the ones in the garden/paddock, on the opposite side of the stream, we had our first mole, so re set trap and will see how the third visit goes,

post-5267-126407683516_thumb.jpg

well done he was motoring onlong that run to get caught that far back :thumbs:

had thought that myself, Im thinking I did'nt bed it down enough in the run, thus leaving the strike plate higher up, meaning more mole needing to enter to spring it, if that makes sense,

had filled in around it with mole hill dirt, to make it appear like a run cave in to mr mole

practise will make perfect, but it certainly gives you a buzz catching that first one, being a payed job comes second of course

well went to visit this customer today, and got my 2nd mole, have reset the traps and will let the job run a little longer, this customer is 100% nice guy, but he had the lady (farmers wife) who owns the rights to the lane to his house, complain about the mole traps on her property, bloody bitch had removed all my markers, so took me a while to locate them, seems she's not into killing moles, yet they have regular deer,pheasant,driven shoots on their farm

this one looks a better catch, around the rib cage post-5267-126461256579_thumb.jpg

Wait for her and buy a black widow catty, give her a sharp one on the ass,

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

when I pulled up outside the property, seeing the markers missing, I had thought someone may have nicked my traps, but after I located them, I lifted them to be on the safe side, so have 8 left in the property paddock, there were two new mole hills, which is why I left those traps down, they are either from the one I caught, or maybe theres a 3rd in there