white lakeland

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

steve s yorks again

Nice strong stamp, it is clear they do the biz. I always say as long as the dog is doing what you want it to do, does not matter what colour it is, after all I doubt very much any vermin is going to turn round and think `oh its all right its only a red Plummer` or `sh#t its a white lakie x`

steve s yorks again

Nice strong stamp, it is clear they do the biz. I always say as long as the dog is doing what you want it to do, does not matter what colour it is, after all I doubt very much any vermin is going to turn round and think `oh its all right its only a red Plummer` or `sh#t its a white lakie x`

The colour doesnt make the slightest difference,thats not the point,the white dog was from S.Wilkinsosns line,the colour comes from the Russell types of Arthur Heinamann,put into this strain in the 1920's,no further Russell blood was added as far as i know.

The dog was 100% you entered him you had to dig him simple as that.

The black/tan dog was bred by puttting the white to the border/lakey tan bitch,a very reliable dog in any ground,very sensible and i wouldnt like to say how much we dug with him.

The black fell was an exeptional bitch owned by my digging partner,unfortunatly we bred them together but a lot of the pups had short lives,some did make useful dogs though.

The rough haired bitch was a gift from P.A, sired by Jasper dam Shandy,also mated to the black/tan dog but same again a lot of bad luck seemed to haunt us with the pups.They all worked,we never bred for anything other than to replace our workers and never tried to type them up,just bred worker to worker and tested everything to the max.

steve s yorks again

The colour doesnt make the slightest difference,thats not the point,the white dog was from S.Wilkinsosns line,the colour comes from the Russell types of Arthur Heinamann,put into this strain in the 1920's,no further Russell blood was added as far as i know.

The dog was 100% you entered him you had to dig him simple as that.

The black/tan dog was bred by puttting the white to the border/lakey tan bitch,a very reliable dog in any ground,very sensible and i wouldnt like to say how much we dug with him.

The black fell was an exeptional bitch owned by my digging partner,unfortunatly we bred them together but a lot of the pups had short lives,some did make useful dogs though.

The rough haired bitch was a gift from P.A, sired by Jasper dam Shandy,also mated to the black/tan dog but same again a lot of bad luck seemed to haunt us with the pups.They all worked,we never bred for anything other than to replace our workers and never tried to type them up,just bred worker to worker and tested everything to the max.

Intresting, hence white recessive to black/tan. Take my hat off to you, worker to worker, :thumbs-up:

Just a bit of terrier history,i finished a good while ago although if i could have those dogs back i would be very tempted,just for the record i didnt breed all the pups myself,i let a few lads use the black/tan dog over their bitches,i heard some of the pups were doing pretty well but didnt see a good percentage of them work myself,im told theres some that still go back to him about,but its well diluted by now,he died in 1993.