where have all the rabbits gone?!

Mixxy comes and goes, the fox comes and goes and winter comes and goes, etc!

The rabbit is always less active during the winter months, they do their best to build up a bit of fat reservse through the Summer/Autumn (this is evident when you skin them) and then stay home a lot more until Spring turns up!

December and January I find the worst, followed by November and February. October and March can be variable (both good for me last year) but the other 6 months are usually chaos!!

Went out last friday on the lamp to a place where the bunnys are a near cert nothing at all we thought it unusal we got two foxes though :thumbs: .My shooting partner went out yesterday to ferret a few warrens and the ferrets refused to enter on closer inspection they were all flooded out all that sitting snow has drowned them i reckon roll on the spring.

Well went out Tuesday and they were very thin on the ground. Got 4 and a Hare (don't shoot many Hare but this particular farm has a couple of fields overrun with them).

We decided to have a look over onto another farm which my mate recently got permission to shoot on, as we hadn't told the landowner we were coming we didn't shoot any as we couldn't be sure the horses would be away but 2 paddocks had about 20 just sitting out, not lamp shy at all.

been out lamping and over 3 night i have only shot 5 rabbits! and only seen about 8! hanyone else finding the same thing?

Same here mate :censored: Myxy did the rounds end of last year knocked them right back, so will leave the rest to breed up ( dont tell the farmer :thumbs: )

LD

AAAAAAAAAA

Aye i'm leaving them as well, better sport later in the year.

HI M8T i have been out about 5 times after the snow before the snow we were getting between 10 and 15 a night but now there is nothing the odd 1 or 2 i agree with the other chap i think they have drowned in the burrows. there is still a lot of hares about tho it aint afected them