fox calling

anyone used a remote fox call, I've been using a mini colibri for some years I found it great but charlie always looks at the call, me, and even the safety comming off can spook him, I cut the cable and added conectors about 3 years ago and take a 90mtr lightweight speaker extension cable out if I'm sitting in wait anywhere, its a bulky set up and wondered if you might know if any of the cheeper remote callers are any good? I must say the 90mtr distance is a great asset with a .17 or .222 they dont know I,m sitting under the hedge and there are some interesting sights

Hi:

I've had a 'Foxpro' for 3 years (bought it in a Tennessee 'Cabelas' when on holiday).

Yes it's very expensive for a vermin control 'helper' i.e. $500 (£275 'ish).

But Oh dear! it is the Dog's B**locks.

It has a remote control that works up to 700 Metres, imagine that! I have shot

Foxes that had !NO IDEA! where I am, just a bleating Rabbit 'over there' somewhere.

Yes this is the answer, but it costs too much.

Andy F

anyone used a remote fox call, I've been using a mini colibri for some years I found it great but charlie always looks at the call, me, and even the safety comming off can spook him, I cut the cable and added conectors about 3 years ago and take a 90mtr lightweight speaker extension cable out if I'm sitting in wait anywhere, its a bulky set up and wondered if you might know if any of the cheeper remote callers are any good? I must say the 90mtr distance is a great asset with a .17 or .222 they dont know I,m sitting under the hedge and there are some interesting sights

dont waste your money on fancy remote callers, if you want a cheap way to have a remote caller, get yourself an old phone and put an mp3 of a rabbit in distres on it and use it as the ringtone, all you have to do is phone the phone an hey presto instant distresscal, distance is up to you other side of the world if you want, but it would be a long walk to set it up for Old Charlie

Edited by hiluxmk3

dont waste your money on fancy remote callers, if you want a cheap way to have a remote caller, get yourself an old phone and put an mp3 of a rabbit in distres on it and use it as the ringtone, all you have to do is phone the phone an hey presto instant distresscal, distance is up to you other side of the world if you want, but it would be a long walk to set it up for Old Charlie

Excellent idea Hilux. :thumbs:

That is a fantastic idea!

I tried this one and my black lab went nuts!

http://www.varmintal.com/highpc1.mp3