jagdterrier

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

should be a lot easier these days with the pet passport :thumbs: And 1 good swedish guy who sends a few to finland might be able to help is Jani, his web site is www.stulander.se and there's english button to translate,some good hunting stories too.

Edited by antsa

living in belgium most jagd's are worked above ground for driven big game ie boar and deer i could have the oppertunity though through a friend of a pup which is from polish lines so smaller he has two strains one for the above ground work and the other for foxes but they do the same as goof breed pats in the uk

as for paper work thats no problem the problem lies with time and money cos just the cost of the pup it will cost you 350euros plus kennel time which is 6/7 months!! pm me if intrested but to be fair stick with a paterdale

this topic is very same to the topic about terrier location, never ending story. if somebody is seriously interested come to continent and buy one or two pups or even better buy two bitches and two dogs from different lines and y ll know what re buying. and y ll get y money back as soon y ll have pups. many lads in uk interested in having jagdt. good dogs and bitches have their value, not a chance to get one under 1000eur.

Ive been offered a Jagd by a friend [abroad]we were talking about breeding terriers and i said i thought some good terriers could be produced by crossing Jagds with other breeds to reduce size and hopefully give them a bit of sense,i dont know if its ever been tried and would be interested to hear anything,im not ever going to do it,gave up a good while ago,but would be interested in any info.

Not meant to offend any Jagd enthusiasts,i know crossing them is frowned upon,but maybe somebodys done it?

atb steve.

nooffence my knowledge of terriers is the same as good chat up lines but why go to hassle of importing a jagd when a decent patterdale in right hands as the potential to do all this.

http://www.diggindeepkennels.com/

if your talking of earthwork ok agree but the jagd is more than that

if you look very simple to the jagd and patt is the patt the earthdog and the jagd ,,,he is for everything else

thanks to every one for the replys about the jagds, if anyone does here of pups in the u.k please let me know.

happy digging

my mate has also got a young bitch. if they do what he whants them for he will have pups in the future if you dont mind a long wait. ps there in england :thumbs:

Edited by brog
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks to every one for the replys about the jagds, if anyone does here of pups in the u.k please let me know.

happy digging

my mate has also got a young bitch. if they do what he whants them for he will have pups in the future if you dont mind a long wait. ps there in england :thumbs:

ive always wanted a jagd if i pm you my number can you get your mate to ring me. :thumbs:

i dont no of any others in england do you. :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

I own two males and they were brought up fine. They live with each other , same cage , share they food and there is no problem. I had them for a good part of my life then moved to Oz and recently got these two , one is 11 months now and the other is 6.5 months . I might add the best lines u will find are in Serbia, germany chec republic so good luck searching for them. I have used jacks , patts, and borders as well ..... Nothing compares to a Jagd. As for they size I have not yet had a problem with the ones I owned to go to ground. Oh yeah u lot might find it interesting but my two boys get along with my kitten as well , everything else they wanna get

I own two males and they were brought up fine. They live with each other , same cage , share they food and there is no problem. I had them for a good part of my life then moved to Oz and recently got these two , one is 11 months now and the other is 6.5 months . I might add the best lines u will find are in Serbia, germany chec republic so good luck searching for them. I have used jacks , patts, and borders as well ..... Nothing compares to a Jagd. As for they size I have not yet had a problem with the ones I owned to go to ground. Oh yeah u lot might find it interesting but my two boys get along with my kitten as well , everything else they wanna get

When you say nothing compares with a jadg what type of work are you talking about ?

What are the best lines in Serbia ?

nooffence my knowledge of terriers is the same as good chat up lines but why go to hassle of importing a jagd when a decent patterdale in right hands as the potential to do all this.

http://www.diggindeepkennels.com/

if your talking of earthwork ok agree but the jagd is more than that

if you look very simple to the jagd and patt is the patt the earthdog and the jagd ,,,he is for everything else

The vocation of the jagdterrier is VERY misunderstood in the UK ;)